Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

I have found the Nonverbal Dictionary website, which is an incredible list of body language and other nonverbal signals. It's very helpful, however, it doesn't go into things like what combinations of these signals mean, what the progression from certain signals to others may mean, etc. Is there any resource that explains things like those well? Most of what I've found when looking for that are the typical "is she flirting with you? Here's how to get her into bed 110% guaranteed!" BS that pretends women have no personalities or interest in anything but sex.

So if someone has found a clear, reliable resource for explaining nonverbal signals a little more in-depth, I would definitely appreciate it if you shared.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 2:15 pm

I'm going to write a book on that one day. It's going to be called "Mindslave's quick guide to psychology" or something, and it will list all the things I've noticed.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 4:29 pm

pat2rome wrote:
I have found the Nonverbal Dictionary website, which is an incredible list of body language and other nonverbal signals. . .

These skills are inherently imprecise. It's more like, she seems to feel positive toward me and is engaged in our conversation, or she seems rather disengaged in our conversation.

What I learned playing poker and such sources as Mike Caro's "Caro's Book of Poker Tells" is that it's not about picking up some great subtleties, esp from strangers when everyone's personality is different. Rather it is about not burying your head so deeply in your own cards that you miss what is obvious right in front of you. And that applies to social skills generally. (I recommend poker for social skills. I do not recommend it as an attempt to make money.)