Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Zexion
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2011, 10:09 am

Hi, I would like to know at what age each one of your symptoms that are related to AS appeared.

Thanks in advance.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 10:15 am

Wow, there's a difficult question! i can remember fixating on the design of my sheets when i was an infant, so there you go. But nobody noticed anything (ever), and i can say the difficulties started when i entered kindergarten. But symptoms...since birth?

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 10:16 am

I think the symptoms just appeared when I was a toldler if I recall correctly.

Zexion
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2011, 10:18 am

Sorry for my bad English. Actually, I wanted to know, when you noticed your symptoms.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 10:24 am

Zexion wrote:
Sorry for my bad English. Actually, I wanted to know, when you noticed your symptoms.

Not to worry about it. :)

Anyways, I noticed my symptoms when I was about 13 when I was told about it and I started becoming aware of it.
I noticed that my behaviour did come across as a little odd and unusual and I noticed that in social situations, I would be feeling little bit anxious.

I became more self-concious about it when I was about 14 and never gotten round to accepting it then and I remember how painful it was for me back then.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 10:24 am

oh, that! well i was probably 7 , when i started to rationalize in terms of "other people are all wrong", but i never put a name on it, just tried to adapt since i was the minority....

MrCarbohydrate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2011, 10:42 am

From my perspective or my parents? I would say from my perspective signs were there from seven or eight years old. It was a different world and time back then though. I got the diagnosis a year ago. It was a fun time until then.

twitching77
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2011, 10:53 am

i have no idea to be honest. i don't remember much before age 10.

i do know i really started to act up starting at about age 11. . .so i'm going to say right about then.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:03 am

Zexion wrote:
Hi, I would like to know at what age each one of your symptoms that are related to AS appeared.

Thanks in advance.

----

Was born with ADHD Inattentive. Knew in first grade that I had subtle difficulty with attentiveness, alertness, sustaining attention, and likely aspects of memory. It wasn't until I was about 27 that I was able to describe some of the symptoms somewhat generally and it was 35 when I could far more precisely use terms like: ADHD Inattentive, central auditory processing disorder (CAPD), mild, left-side dyspraxia, whole (forest) vs parts (trees), and executive function / personal initiative challenges. It took me a number of years to begin to clearly see the differences between paying attention, processing, some kinds of sequencing, short term, medium term, and long term memory.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:04 am

I've had symptoms for as long as I can remember. So pretty much my whole life. I started stimming to deal with abuse as a toddler.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

cdlu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2011, 11:08 am

Zexion wrote:

Depends on your definition of noticed. :)

I've always known myself to be some degree of unusual, but only now at the end of my 20s have I found something resembling a label for my particular brand of idiosyncrasies. I've been exhibiting symptoms since before my earliest memories.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:30 am

My earliest childhood memory is fixating on water falling from the eaves of our house during a storm.

My earliest memories all include the sense of separateness that I have always felt. Not as in feeling "gee, I'm different than everybody else", but feeling like there is a barrier between me and everyone else.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:32 am

Probably the first time I was required to be in a social group outside the family.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:40 am

I can't remember, but definitely since I was a little kid. My folks have recordings of me at 3, speaking, and they are...interesting, to say the least!

When I started kindergarten I distinctly recall feeling different from my peers. But I had no idea why. I thought I was gifted or special or was gonna save the world or something.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:42 am

Zexion wrote:

This is different.

I "noticed" my states of mind as problematic in my early 20's. I noticed them as autistic at age 52 after years of beating myself up for being such a loser.

tasbro
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2011, 12:40 pm

I'm sure I exhibited plenty of symptoms earlier than I realize, but it wasn't until middle school that my interests became more narrow, and I started having a harder time in social situations. By the time I was 13 I knew something about me was very different from my peers.