Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2011, 2:57 pm

Sometimes you can work out how you feel by asking yourself what you want. If bed is starting to look pretty good, then you might be tired. If you hope your husband gets to go to Europe, but you aren't too concerned about him coming back, that is another clue :(

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

22 Feb 2011, 3:08 pm

Chickenbird wrote:
Sometimes you can work out how you feel by asking yourself what you want. If bed is starting to look pretty good, then you might be tired. If you hope your husband gets to go to Europe, but you aren't too concerned about him coming back, that is another clue :(

Sometimes I have to work out that I'm tired because my thinking gets disordered and anxious when I have been awake too long, but I don't really notice the fatigue itself. So I don't always think "I'm tired, I should go to bed." I think, "wait, that thought makes no sense. I usually have these when I'm tired. Am I tired? I should probably go to bed and find out."

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 7:27 am

so_subtly_strange wrote:
i was just going to mention alexthymia, but looks like i was beat to the chase. I draw total blank when prompted to describe how i am feeling. It just doesn't fit into the way i think. Not to say i dont feel things i just see absolutely no point in trying to explain, though i suppose that may just be a rationalization because i am unable to explain anyway. Dont think it could make much of a difference which came first, it is what it is.

The reason I find important is because if I am "excited/energetic" or "distressed" there is probably something happening in my life I need to pay attention to. I feel more "aware" this way--I don't know how else to explain it. The main problem I have is I can't link my feelings, mood, energy levels etc. to real world events. This also seems important to me because I have a mood disorder and am prone to severe clinical depressions.
I am glad to know I wasn't the only one that feels this way.

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2011, 3:13 pm

jackbus01 wrote:
so_subtly_strange wrote:
i was just going to mention alexthymia, but looks like i was beat to the chase. I draw total blank when prompted to describe how i am feeling. It just doesn't fit into the way i think. Not to say i dont feel things i just see absolutely no point in trying to explain, though i suppose that may just be a rationalization because i am unable to explain anyway. Dont think it could make much of a difference which came first, it is what it is.

The reason I find important is because if I am "excited/energetic" or "distressed" there is probably something happening in my life I need to pay attention to. I feel more "aware" this way--I don't know how else to explain it. The main problem I have is I can't link my feelings, mood, energy levels etc. to real world events. This also seems important to me because I have a mood disorder and am prone to severe clinical depressions.
I am glad to know I wasn't the only one that feels this way.

Yeah I think this is the main point of being aware of feelings. I spent a year with my husband home full-time studying - and he doesn't go out - before having a major episode of some kind. If I knew how I was feeling, I could have addressed it much earlier. All I knew was that I couldn't focus on anything. I did not know that my breathing was very disordered.

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.