You're not Aspies, You're Indigo Children.

Page 4 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jennyji
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2006, 6:20 pm

There's something about this Indigo Child thing that makes me think of Scientology.

I may have some strong beliefs in Eastern Philosophy and religion which is often seen as "new age" in the West (which I take as an insult), when I come across claims such as the "Indigo Children" I get very suspicious - especially if money is involved. In addition to that, I always like to check solid research for these claims that don't involve "conversations with spiritual entities."

This is just my opinion....but comparing a very valid neurological condition like Asperger's Syndrome to a phenomenon that has no scientific foundation is a little unfair. AS is real, there is extensive research available on the topic - As far as Indigo children, well let's just see if we ever see that listed in the DSM-IV in the near future!

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 2:29 pm

Corcovado wrote:
Can I be another colour than Indigo I don't that colour? I'd like to be Crimson instead.

I, a Crimson Child! Wow, I like the sound of that.

and

Quote:
...Orange...

and

Quote:
...Turquoise...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BeeBee patiently awaits the next color...

Dandelion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jul 2006, 8:52 pm

I'd like to be teal. With silver accents.

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 9:42 pm

Technically, children with ADD are the indigo children. We are supposedly "crystal children". I don't believe in that very much...

trapped
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2006, 11:58 pm

I'd love to be able to take some random disorder, slap a colour on it, tell the people they are going to take over the world, sell them some books full of bullcrap, and get rich.

Here are my proposals:

Schizophrenics are the Black People
ADHD is the Neon Pink Children
OSD are the Orange People

Anyone else want to join in? We'll hold a seance and talk to some spiritual entities and let them pick some colours for us as well. Maybe use a ouija board. Who needs science when you have a Ouija Board and spiritual entities!! !???

And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

lupin
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2006, 6:52 am

:lol: Hahahaha Raven!

So, I'm neon pink, indigo...what about dyslexia? Do we have a shade for that yet? what about Ylleow? LOL Euuuuueeeww - don't think those colours go together at all well.

What about the fact that my synasthesia evokes very different sensations for all these colours?! Now, there's a whole new dimension that the daft Cult Indigo people haven't thought of, I bet!

Never mind, let them get on with their stuff - they're probably harmless ultimately. Let's get on with this seance...my spirit guide, Big Chief Aqua-with-a-hint-of-Puce Running Jump into the Lake is calling me...

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 7:01 am

trapped wrote:
I'd love to be able to take some random disorder, slap a colour on it, tell the people they are going to take over the world, sell them some books full of bullcrap, and get rich.

Here are my proposals:

Schizophrenics are the Black People
ADHD is the Neon Pink Children
OSD are the Orange People

Anyone else want to join in? We'll hold a seance and talk to some spiritual entities and let them pick some colours for us as well. Maybe use a ouija board. Who needs science when you have a Ouija Board and spiritual entities!! !???

And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

LOL Then what happens to an Aspie that has ADHD too? :lol:

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jul 2006, 10:04 am

Quote:
I do have stronger emotions and opinions at "that time of the month"but my theory is that the extra hormones help me see outrages more clearly and help me not supress my feelings as I might normally do as a trained people pleaser.

Yes! Spot on Krex :D

So, what colour would NTs be? Can I be sunflower yellow?

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 12:39 pm

NOT.

trapped
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2006, 12:54 pm

Quote:
So, what colour would NTs be? Can I be sunflower yellow?

Naw, NT's are too boring. They can be grey or brown :P

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 3:14 pm

Now dosn't this just figure, that you all would take a topic and totally take it somewhere else. This crowd...go figure.......now if I had a party, those who went off the topic would be invited in the colors that discribes you best. And we'd have a blast, wouldn't we. F.Y.I....what do we do with tie dye....I like tie dye.

Minerva
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2006, 7:57 pm

Paula wrote:
I think aspies and Indigo children are the next step in evolution, it represents change, and throughout history it has been proven that humans tend to resist and fear change so instead of praising and accpeting these children they label them with things like aspergers syndrome and ADHD to make themselves feel secure.

You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake. Get over yourself.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 9:44 pm

I'd like to be the colours of my Bus. Ding! Ding!

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 11:34 pm

Minerva...I didn't write what you said I wrote......

TheCowSays
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2006, 3:47 am

jman wrote:
I am not going to sit and argue with you trapped

you want to believe your defective because a bunch of doctors said so thats your choice. you;re entitled to your beleifs. The medical and psychology is always evolving so one of these I days i beleive aspergers syndrome won't even exist in the DSM-IV.

I think aspies and Indigo children are the next step in evolution, it represents change, and throughout history it has been proven that humans tend to resist and fear change so instead of praising and accpeting these children they label them with things like aspergers syndrome and ADHD to make themselves feel secure. Plus dcotors can profit off of "treating" these labels.

I am very impressed by your obvious clarity of perception.

TheCowSays
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2006, 3:55 am

Perhaps the list that many of you have compared to yourselves (from a single source in most cases) does not seem to fit you. I am diagnosed AS and I find that it fits me. Perhaps you are looking for an exact match when you should be seeing if it is a furthur progression of what causes/or as effects of AS. Perhaps also some of these characteristics do not fit because many on this site tend to think negatively and reinforce negatively the aspects of AS they find problematic for them. Myself I have worked on my weaknesses for years and feel very little social stigma or other issues. I know this is not the case for all.

In my particular case I fit the bill very well for what they're calling 'indigo children'. And before you guys decide it's a hoax, I simply ask that you realize many people are convinced AS is a hoax. I can't tell you how many people, when I describe AS to them say: "well it seems like excuses to me".