Page 1 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cmastler
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2009, 12:16 pm

It's about time I posted this...although I was just gonna start having fun, but.....

What is your opinion on cuteness, and, overall, finding things 'too cute' (if you do find them that, tell me how you really feel about it...though you don't have to....)? Why do you think people find cute things to be 'girly' and a sign of ret*d/weak mentality? And, why do people feel you HAVE to either be really into them or overall dislike them? Do people naturally STOP finding things 'too cute' as adults, or, some do, some don't? What role does parenting take in this theorum?

This subject has been bothering me...for about 2 years. Yes 2 years.

And no, I don't really find ANYTHING 'too cute'...

Oh and by the way i'm 18, not 12, for those who have been wondering this for soo long. You don't have to beleve that to be true. And don't get any ideas about me cause of it either. >.>

I'll admit I could just be what one would call a 'girly' girl. However, i'm not intrested in girlish activities OR fasion...just cuteness....

Hmmmn intresting topic, isn't it? I hope I writen it well enouth...(still tired, and I have a cold, by the way...soo yeah)

OK...this topic is open for debate! Please intrest me...

Begin! :wink:

(PS: For the sake of 'maturity'...I won't add a poll this time around. but if you want one, you can ask for it. yes I probably do sound like a n00b right now....meh.....)

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 12:27 pm

Well.. this is pretty phsychotic of me.. but if something is really, really cute I want to hurt it in some way. Not that I really want to hurt it but for example I want to hug it so tight that it squishes. Lol!! :lol:

Sorry that sounds really creepy. I think its because if something is very cute I feel a strong unidentified emotion that doesn't have any proper outlet.

Of course I do refrain from squishing puppies. But that's how it makes me feel. :lol:

cmastler
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2009, 12:31 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Well.. this is pretty phsychotic of me.. but if something is really, really cute I want to hurt it in some way. Not that I really want to hurt it but for example I want to hug it so tight that it squishes. Lol!! :lol:

Sorry that sounds really creepy. I think its because if something is very cute I feel a strong unidentified emotion that doesn't have any proper outlet.

Of course I do refrain from squishing puppies. But that's how it makes me feel. :lol:

Ummm...intresting.

Do you prehaps have any stuffed animals? Cause maybe that could help....or something. I dunno though.

Could this re-action be affected by how 'girly' or 'boyish' one was as a kid? (i dunno why i asked that)

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 12:33 pm

I have no idea, sorry. I'm probably just nuts.

cmastler
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2009, 12:41 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
I have no idea, sorry. I'm probably just nuts.

I don't really think your nuts...everyone re-acts to cuteness differently.

Also, I read in one topic once or something...about something called 'Cuteness Paralaisis'. Some aspies probably have a really hard time dealing with the neurological pains of finding things 'too cute', to the point where the pain has to be blocked out in some way. That could explain your wanting to squeeze anything 'cute' you see in a way. I'm not really sure, i'm no expert (though i'd LOVE to be, really)...just stating some theorums here.....

And I do consider finding things 'too cute' as counting as some sort of 'painfull' body fuction. However...I have no knolage as to if it's a real part of develupment, or, if it's just taught. Maybe it's a combanation of both, though...it's hard to say. Thinking about it make's my poor brain hurt, though....

My brain personally doesn't take lightly to finding things 'too cute'. You don't want to KNOW how scary it feel's for me, finding something 'too cute'....

It ain't pretty. But it apper's to not happon anymore...i'm not sure if it's a devulpted mental tollerence or self protection or what. Or maybe i'm just too used to looking at cute things now (i tend to look at them A LOT...).

Yes...prehaps I do need help. This is why I was hessatent agenst starting this topic...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 12:47 pm

I was boyish as a kid.
I don't feel any particular aggression towards cute things.

I am frequently called cute...That adjective I seem to get before all others when being described...because I am childlike and sometimes wear funny costumes..etc..

I just have standards.
I will not think something is cute just because that is the intent.
I only believe in cute when cute is being cute without trying.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 12:56 pm

I do think things are cute, but I never, ever go overboard about them.

Funny thing is, when I was little, I was not a girly girl at all. I hated anything pink and princessy. I was more into Disney animations about animals (101 Dalmations, Aristocats) However, over the years, I have actually gotten more so into the girlier things. But I still hate "chick flicks". lol

cmastler
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2009, 1:00 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I was boyish as a kid.
I don't feel any particular aggression towards cute things.

I am frequently called cute...That adjective I seem to get before all others when being described...because I am childlike and sometimes wear funny costumes..etc..

I just have standards.
I will not think something is cute just because that is the intent.
I only believe in cute when cute is being cute without trying.

This is an intresting post, too....

I was girly as a kid...although I liked video games (just not to play, just watching my brother play them). But...I was still very girly...

This is another reason why my obsession with cute things freaks me out. I don't even LIKE being girly, due to the idea of how people view girly people...as sex symbles....

And I have too little tomboyish quilties from childhood to 'nuzzle' that very much. Luckly, I don't remember my childhood that well...cept that I beleve I was homeschooled or something....

Most of my childhood buddies were boys though. And, no, I was NEVER the 'suductive' type with them (this othr kid i knew WAS though...but i dont wanna gossip...)...I mostly played with my girl buddies (one who was a tomboy and another who was...somewhere in the middle i think) anyways, though occionally i'd race the guys...and never win. XD

Anyways...I can't stand the idea of sex...espesally due to my autisum....

What does 'sex' have to do with 'cuteness'? Yes...I really can get this obsessive sometimes....

As for charictors that act cute...it's fine if they act cute to me I think...as long as they aren't total jerks or anything (like...manipulative or stuff like that...like just cute soo they can hurt others. something like that, i can't think that well at the moment...but yeah, if someone's being cute for a BAD reason, of course it'll upset me...).

Edit: Ahh Lightning...i've always loved pink as a kid...and still do, creepishly enouth.

I liked Disney Princesses as a kid, but was never a total fan. I loved barbies though...collecting them anyways.

But I was never that much into fasion...and I think I prefered playing legos (those were awesome)/watching my brother play video games over playing with my dolls overall.

I think I did have a point with that 'overall girlish' theorum...hmmmm...

Last edited by cmastler on 15 Jan 2009, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:02 pm

I see what you mean. I think certain animals (usually chubby ones) are cute. I think piglets, manatees, koalas and pandas are cute as hell.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:18 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Funny thing is, when I was little, I was not a girly girl at all. I hated anything pink and princessy. I was more into Disney animations about animals (101 Dalmations, Aristocats) However, over the years, I have actually gotten more so into the girlier things. But I still hate "chick flicks". lol

I second this. My sentiments exactly. :)

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:33 pm

Cute things are not girly, they are just cute. It's just that society sees it wrong.

Also, I dont see how people think dogs are cute! I have NEVER seen a dog that I think is cute! That's right, not even puppies...

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2009, 1:36 pm

I always saw the pink bow, lipstick and eyelashes on Ms. Pac-Man for the idolatry they were. She's even still got "-man" on the end of her name... maybe that's a good diagram of how being cute is a marginallization in discursive thought. Or maybe my black heart and reason are just grasping in vain. :wink:

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2009, 1:37 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:
Cute things are not girly, they are just cute.

I agree; I'm cute and I'm not girly. :D

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:39 pm

CMaximus wrote:
I always saw the pink bow, lipstick and eyelashes on Ms. Pac-Man for the idolatry they were. She's even still got "-man" on the end of her name... maybe that's a good diagram of how being cute is a marginallization in discursive thought. Or maybe my black heart and reason are just grasping in vain. :wink:

You cant spell woman without man :lol:

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2009, 1:48 pm

Someone is cute, so what?

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 1:52 pm

I don't really "get" cute.

In fact, even the word "cute" kinda makes my skin crawl.