Should persons with Asperger's consume Cannabis?

Page 6 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Should persons with Asperger's consume Cannabis?
Yes. Make is legal for everyone. 66%  66%  [ 104 ]
Yes. If you obtain a prescription from a doctor. 13%  13%  [ 20 ]
No. It should be illegal for everyone. 8%  8%  [ 12 ]
No. But make it legal for people with terminal cancer and similar conditions. 13%  13%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 157

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Good luck passing a drug test...

My career doesn't involve any drug tests.

Quote:
If you need help to get through school, drop out and get the unskilled job you deserve.

I have three jobs outside of going to university, and JSMC also has a skilled job

But nice try little buddy! :lol:

You should lighten up, you're not accomplishing anything by acting like a prick. Take a break

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

I don't have a problem with pot...just the people who smoke it. Every pot smoker I've ever known has always had that jerkass "holier than thou" attitude over smoking it and demean others who smoke tobacco, drink alcohol or have to take medication.

If legalizing pot can get rid of this attitude, I might be for it. It will be so hard for me to let those kinds of people win their fight considering how much I've been pissed off by them.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:05 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I don't have a problem with pot...just the people who smoke it. Every pot smoker I've ever known has always had that jerkass "holier than thou" attitude over smoking it and demean others who smoke tobacco, drink alcohol or have to take medication.

If legalizing pot can get rid of this attitude, I might be for it. It will be so hard for me to let those kinds of people win their fight considering how much I've been pissed off by them.

Meh, there are people like that in every demographic. I refer to them as as*holes, don't let them speak for the rest of us who just want to live in peace and work our jobs

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:12 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
If you need help to get through school, drop out and get the unskilled job you deserve.
Keep wallowing in your misery. It doesn't mean everyone else has to. Oh and being different for its own sake is pathetic. I don't write with my left hand just to spite the majority.

@ raisedbyignorance: Those are just douchebags. You've probably only known some loser potheads. A substance shouldn't be illegal just because you don't like some people who happen to smoke weed. That's just petty. I'm not gonna be in favour of making skateboards illegal just cuz some skaters are douchebags.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2011, 4:17 pm

Why would I need to pass a drug test? In the next week I will do the necessary to get my cannabis consumption under medicinal control. I will even tell the police that when I'll have the right to grow it in my house.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Feb 2011, 4:21 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
If you are curious, you are already obeying others.
That doesn't make any sense to me at all. Curiosity is aroused by many things and I certainly wouldn't include "obeying others" in such a list.
You have no other reason for posting here except 'because others are doing it'?
That's pretty depressing, I have to say.

And for what it's worth - if I could get hold of a little stash of sweet, fresh Skunk then I'd be thoroughly enjoying it right now.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:28 pm

Quote:
And for what it's worth - if I could get hold of a little stash of sweet, fresh Skunk then I'd be thoroughly enjoying it right now.

It's the weekend, I just went through a good job interview, and I am smoking right now. If I could pass some tokes to the left to you, I totally would :lol:

Quote:
I will even tell the police that when I'll have the right to grow it in my house.

Do you think our country will ever do it?
Hm, I just had a random thought, if Quebec were to separate, do you think the new national government would legalize it? That might be enough to get an Anglo like me on board :lol: so long as they make provisions to protect Anglo rights upon separation (which, if I am not mistaken, would be the case, at least that is what Godin & Levesque claimed in the early 1980's)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 4:46 pm

Lonermutant wrote:

TROLL HARDER.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Feb 2011, 5:02 pm

Vigilans wrote:
It's the weekend, I just went through a good job interview, and I am smoking right now. If I could pass some tokes to the left to you, I totally would :lol:
:lol: Thanks! A gentleman and a scholar!
(damn you, lack of matter transporter)

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:05 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
If you are curious, you are already obeying others.

Just because someone likes something that some other people happen to like doesn't make them a hyper-conformist robot. You are not special, unique, or superior in any way. If you don't like something, then just don't use it. GET THE f**k OVER YOURSELF, ALREADY.

Notsurprised
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2011, 5:06 pm

I might have different thoughts on smoking pot if I enjoyed
how it effects me. I can not even communicate the simplist
thoughts when I am under the infulense of what I would say is
a small amount of THC. The effects seem to last for weeks.
I get very parinoid, I have no trouble beleiving there is a link
to schizophrenia and THC. but this is just me.
How pot effects me has troubled me. I use to feel people
that enjoy the effects of pot were really smart people that needed
away to relax there minds. With me I can not spare any imparment of my
brain.
Anyways my wife of twenty years has been parrallized for 34 years.
C5/6 Quad. Use to think it was OK for sombody in her shoes to
smoke weed seemed to help spazums. All was fine until she
came down with a bad case of pnomomia (sp? dyslexic)
she spent ten days on a ventalater in ICU. I was told she was going to
die.She almost did die.She was given the option to die by a doctor.

Point Im trying to make is the better shape you are in the better you will
be able to fight adversities (poor lungs hard to fight pnomomia)
the wife is staying completely away from pot
wonder why she does not eat it in cookies and stuff but
does not seem to be the same

JSMC
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2011, 5:08 pm

Quebec separation idea as been renewed since the last "stolen" referendum in 1995. But I think this lost was for the greater of the cause. Quebec proposed constitution would most certainly involves the decriminalization of cannabis. I know that as much as 50% of the Quebec population are in favor in giving a more controled but legal usage of cannabis. The rest are okay with it, but would only keep it for medicinal purpose.

We had the problem of being somewhat affraid of other culture. Since then we changed most of our social issues, after 1995. Immigrant are much more intergrated than they where in the past generations. We now understand that we need everyone to build a new country.

By the way do you know the group Loco Locass, an engaged rap group, that are well known to be intelligent people with an amazing knowledge about french litterature. They did game with dictionnary when they where young. Those are gansta rapper LOL LOL... in fact if they'd never wrote this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbm0IeE ... re=related Bonzaion, nobody would be able to tell they smoke pot. When they are interviewed they have a rich vocabulary. Still this song talks about legalization of cannabis. Here's a sentence, I translate it for you!

"C'est la terre promise
Même sur la banquise
Faut qu'on la décriminalise
Faut qu'on la nationalise
C'est comme Hydro-Québec
On pourrait payer nos dettes
Net, frette, sec avec un kinto au bec"

Using google translation
"This is the promised land
Even on the ice
Should we decriminalize the
We have to nationalize the
It's like Hydro-Quebec
We could pay our debts
Net, hoop, dry with a beak Kinto" (sorry but the last sentence is a word game so not easy to put it in english)

In Quebec, the reason that we can pay much less and everyone has access to electricity is because we nationalized the electricity. Which mean that it's not private corporation who have the control over price of electricity. That mean we have the lowest or one of the lowest price in North America when it come to pay your electrical bill. Nationalization of cannabis could do the same for us. More control, less organized crime, more quality, healthier population and economy!

Vive le Québec Libre, and also goes to cannabis ;)

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:13 pm

Quote:
Here's a sentence, I translate it for you!

I speak French my friend, I am a lifelong Quebecer ! :D

Quote:
Immigrant are much more intergrated than they where in the past generations. We now understand that we need everyone to build a new country.

Something I rather like about Quebec. I just wish the English/French thing would go away, personally :lol: we can all live together, most of my friends are French. I usually use self-deprecating humor and refer to myself as the 'token Anglo' in our group, but I think they all like me :lol:
I sometimes wonder why Gérald Godin was the first, and last, PQ politician to try and appeal to the Anglos of Quebec

JSMC
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2011, 5:22 pm

Well, at first we had a grudge against english people because of how they treated us in the past. We were strong enough to overcome being assimilated. In number of french people in north america, it's like David against Goliath.

I think this grudge got smoother and might even gone away for many nationalist. But for today, I think that Canada would be much better without Quebec. It's because of quebecer that we have a minority at the federal government. Conservative way of western Canada is the complete opposite of the fundamental believes in Quebec. We like to put more effort in helping each other and don't care if we're taxed, but we do care about the services quality. Anyway, an independant Quebec will still do business with Canada, I even think we wouldn't have to get a passport to travel from Quebec to Canada. Many people are affraid, they are affraid of what they don't know!

Another thing, if you ask any politician here, they would be in favor of the usage of cannabis for medical purpose. The only debate we have is, full legalisation or keep it for medical uses.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:50 pm

Argument and quarrel all you want, but you're still just a bunch of losers who are programmed to do what everyone else is doing.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:53 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
Argument and quarrel all you want, but you're still just a bunch of losers who are programmed to do what everyone else is doing.

P.S., "argument and quarrel all you want" is very bad grammar. Learn to use the English language before insulting others with it ;)