Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2011, 8:42 pm

It's always happened since freshman year of high school, so not too long ago. My guess is that it was caused by my looking back on all the years before when I was often deemed as am *ahem* "outcast." Though I didn't have a problem with it then, I have been slowly realizing all the things that have happened to me and as a result, possibly came to fear that those things would happen again.
So now I have been having these weird recurring times where I suspect that a certain person or certain people dislike me, think poorly of me, or want me dead for very trifling reasons. I often imagine them saying things to me that lead me to look back on what I've done or how I've been acting in a much more negative light. I cannot see as they do so I think of myself to have been too annoying, stupid, obnoxious, weird, etc.
Some of the other reasons I think certain people may hate me is because they ignore me. But then I get so confused when they do acknowledge me kindly.
It's gotten to the point as of now, where I feel like no one is at all that interested in me or what I have to say, much less, think that well of me. What is this? I'm not hearing voices like schizophrenia, but it very much feels like it. I am having difficulty convincing myself otherwise.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 9:30 pm

Ah, yes, the pounce. They seemingly are accepting you, then they do something mean or callous. And if I've had a run of bad luck, yes, I am nervous about it happening again.

Okay, one thing, please don't let school be your entire social network. Think about nonschool adventures such as paramedics classes, martial arts, maybe a sales job?

Also, perhaps be open to meeting political kids and/or artistic kids, music or theater?

I am a political progressive. That is, I bat from the left side of the plate. There was a group called 'Town Hall Meeting' that met at a restaurant and I was going to go. Then I found out they were Republicans. Well, in large part out of boredom and loneliness, I decided to go anyway! I decided to be polite and respectful. I told people 'I'm more of a moderate and an independent,' a little bit true since my views are a little idiosyncratic, but generally yes, a polite deflecting lie. Next time might just say, 'I'm here to learn. I have my own views but I'm here today to learn.' And I did better with the Republicans than I usually do with fellow liberals, Green Party members, etc. I think because I wasn't expecting to have great in-depth conversation and anything we had was a gift.

But in general, please keep trying different things with light to medium touch. :D