Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 1:40 pm

I'd feel a lot safer navigating the world, if everybody would be civil to one another. It bothers me to hear people making dergitory comments about other people. If a person doesn't have anything nice to say, than they shouldn't say anything, at all.

catboy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2006, 1:56 pm

It's said that Aspies more openly judge people. It's not like I say what I think to people's faces--I don't--but that's the general assumption.

ryansjoy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2006, 2:28 pm

catboy wrote:
It's said that Aspies more openly judge people. It's not like I say what I think to people's faces--I don't--but that's the general assumption.

I think a great deal of aspies have a harder time between right and wrong. they have little regard for people who they think is say a bad person... with my son its legal or the person is illegal. aspie kids like my son judge people on their level of right and wrongs. he has little tollerance for people who he thinks do things against the law. he really does judge people much more harshly than I would only because he think of the right and wrong issue..

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 2:30 pm

I like people who know interesting things and don't mind telling me about them.

Often times, I can be prejudiced against people who insist on making small talk; because they sound petty and uninteresting to me. I have to tell myself that these people are just trying to be socially accepted; they may actually be very interesting people once they get over their obsession with smll talk.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

ApodemusSylvaticus
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2006, 3:12 pm

I dont think its anything to do with being an aspie or not.

Within the NT's of the world, there are people who are kind an non judgemental, who get to know people before they judge, and there are people who are rude and malicious.

I understand from what I've read that aspies take quite a 'black and white' logical view of the world?

well amongst NT's it is a confusing meddle of personality types with an enourmous variation on what people are like. Some are nightmares. Some are lovely. Its all down to who you meet.

Now that woman on the elevator, she sounds to me like nothing but an ignorant, self riteous cow. Most of us, do make comments about people who we'll probably never see again. Its what people do, as the animal nature of the Human animal makes us naturally cautious and judgemental of people.......survival mechanism I guess...............and most of us expect people to comment about ourselves.

But if we do comment on someone, its quietly, out of earshot so there is no chance of them knowing and being hurt by it...............Now she made that comment out loud to you, a total stranger. She didn't care one joy whether you were offended by the comments she made, or if u agreed with her. She just thought it was funny and to hell with anyone esles opinions!

Basically a rude, ignorant cow who needs a slap.