Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

onewitheverything
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2004, 7:39 pm

Im annoyed that i carn't go use the chatroom,when i go in it says i need to install something called Java,then it took me to a website that didn't do it.Can somebody please tell my how the use the chatroom?
ps im new

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 10:49 am

Why don't you use the lightweight chatroom. :)

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 12:12 pm

No Captain. You need to see if you got MIrc trying downloading that, or Xchat, or what everyone mostly uses hyperIrc or something like that.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 12:18 pm

Go to http://www.java.com and download java.

Don't get into the whole IRC thing. It's a giant pain.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 1:11 pm

hello and welcome to wrongplanet.net, about java, java is a web plugin program that helps in animations and graphics on websites. websites use differant types of graphic interfaces such as java,flash, quick are a few, putting java into computer will not hurt anything. these programs run in the backround while on internet and if one is not installed or updated it will effect website use and chat such as wrongplanet's java chat thing.

what you should do is also go into internet explorer properties and enable java in advanced settings. (if already installed on computer)

if its not installed do like juliekitty said and go to www.java.com and download java.

i hope this helps

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 1:40 pm

If you just want the Java so you can go to the #WrongPlanet chat then a better solution is to download a real IRC client. That way you can set the screen sizes and chat features the way you want and don't have to worry about your browser closing the window on you.