Is anyone with Aspergers super ugly like I am??

Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 3:04 pm

You are not ugly!

I used to think I was ugly too, and whilst I'm no julia roberts I am kind of average okish. But not ugly I don't think anyway lol.

Now I was actually suicidal once because I thought I was grotesque. Mostly because I was bullied relentlessly at school and told I was ugly by the other girls. It goes to show how the mind can distort things! I disagree with them these days lol.

I am not ugly and neither are you sweetie.

Last edited by bumble on 03 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

I used to think I was ugly too but now I don't think that way anymore.

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

I prob. very ugly but I dont really care...so..yeah...more than a bit pointless writing this message...bye...

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

bumble wrote:
You are not ugly!

I used to think I was ugly too, and whilst I'm no julia roberts I am kind of average okish. But not ugly I don't think anyway lol.

Now I was actually suicidal once because I thought I was grotesque. Mostly because I was bullied relentlessly at school and told I was ugly by the other girls. It goes to show how the mind can distort things! I disagree with them these days lol.

I am not ugly and neither are you sweetie.

From THOSE pictures, I'd say you're grotesque...but in a wondrously beautiful sort of way! ;)

I wouldn't say the OP is ugly at all. Now, ME, on the other hand... My face looks like a horses butt. And I've made my peace with that. I do what I can to keep off all the extra pounds, which I fail at. I make sure to bath every day, wear deodorant and cologne to keep from smelling funny, and I just try to be nice to people. And then I just try to be happy with life the way it is and thankful that the mind control drugs worked and the most wonderful woman on the planet married me. What more can we ugly dudes do, right?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 3:41 pm

You are lucky to look the way you do, it allows you to blend in and blending in lets you get a lot done without any distractions. There's no confusion or brain freeze. People take you seriously and respect you for what you can contribute.
Looking different can be a serious obstacle. It's like being a paper doll or something two dimensional with no soul. People think they can say all sorts of horrendous stuff to you and often do for no good reason.
You don't look different.
Even good looking people can have deep complexes because of their looks. They can develop a narcissistic personality and are loathsomely shallow. They are so used to getting their way because of their looks, they are denied the chance to develop any stauncher qualities.
It's easiest to be nondescript, neither good looking or ugly and to look like everyone else, which you have a accomplished. Don't take it for granted.

HybridSoul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

deadinhead wrote:
I prob. very ugly but I dont really care...so..yeah...more than a bit pointless writing this message...bye...

Uhhh..Sorry?

Anyway, MAYBE it is body language that makes people afraid to approach or talk to me, maybe not, but still noone's ever called me cute or good looking, just ugly..It has to be true to some degree, maybe it's projected from inside and maybe think it?

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

When I was in school, I was the ugliest kid there. Everyone made me think I was supremely unattractive and never said a single nice word about me. Now when I see pics of me then, I was pretty normal looking.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

If it wasn't for ugly people, there would be no good looking people. Nobody would know what good looking meant, which might not be an altogether bad thing. People could get past the pettiness and onto serious matters of life.

Mar1976
Raven
Raven

03 Apr 2011, 4:12 pm

It's probably really hard for you to believe people's comments here, because you've got this idea of yourself as unattractive (I don't like the word 'ugly') but you are definitely neither of those things.

Don't get drawn into this world's obsession with physical beauty/perfection; it's a waste of time, I know that's not easy, but it is a waste of time. You're a good looking lad, enjoy it.

You are who you are, you look the way you do, and although you might not be one person's 'cup of tea', you'll be the next person's idea of an Adonis; the same applies for all of us..................I may have been looking for my 'next person' for a (long) while, but I have faith that they'll come along soon! :roll:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:15 pm

Who knows, maybe one day, we will all be capable of going invisible. Then nothing will matter.

twinsmummy20
Raven
Raven

03 Apr 2011, 4:20 pm

Also another point I have to share is that my husband thought he was *ugly* also. He has no self confidence to speak of. To alot of people maybe he isnt attractive, I dont know. But he is HOT to me. I find him insanely attractive. Someone will feel the same about you.

azureyoshi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2011, 4:22 pm

I think you look just fine. Your skin looks good, too. When I clicked the link, I was expecting something hideous, but you look very normal.

I know it's hard, but try not to let the idiots get to you. Some self-esteem would do you a lot of good.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

lol im way uglier than u but if anyone tells me so i spit in their face.

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:40 pm

<---If this hasn't broken any computer monitors yet, nothing will!

HybridSoul wrote:
Here's a picture of me, except my skin is 10x worse than it looks:
http://img861.imageshack.us/i/ryanv.png/

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Apr 2011, 4:55 pm

Please listen to me HybridSoul---you are not ugly.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 5:15 pm

HybridSoul wrote:
Anything goes when people are insulting me, but being called "ugly" isn't even an insult anymore. People are sometimes literally afraid of the way I look and refuse to talk to me or look at me in the eye.
What's the point of living if I'm going to be autistic AND ugly? I feel like killing myself.
Here's a picture of me, except my skin is 10x worse than it looks:
http://img861.imageshack.us/i/ryanv.png/
It's most likely skin deep, but still, not exactly a good reason to believe in "God" if he's going to punish somebody like this.

If you had light brown hair and a mullet wearing a ratty Motorhead T-shirt you would like me when I was 15 back in 1985.