Page 1 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2011, 4:38 pm

I don't mean to be offensive, but I noticed on WP that there are some aspies and auties that have f***ed up beliefs. For example someone said that they think that incest should be legal. 8O Also, bestiality. Are there many people like that on WP? Did you have many experiences of seeing similar posts (not just referring to what I said before?)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:45 pm

I have never seen those posts. I don't see many people like that on here but there are people out there who was disturbing beliefs and even some of them on here have put me off. But I don't know if I would say they are f****d up.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Apr 2011, 4:48 pm

I'm with League_Girl on this---I haven't seen these posts either. I mainly stay on the general, members only, random, and politics/advocacy sites here. Perhaps those posts are in some of the other sites here?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:50 pm

And NT's don't have some f**ked up beliefs? Last time I checked, there wasn't anybody in the Phelps family with diagnosed Asperger's/autism, yet they're still out there being idiots.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:53 pm

There are plenty of messed up beliefs all over the place.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:55 pm

f****d up beliefs are not exclusive to any one neurotype.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 5:28 pm

What legal consenting adults want to do with their genitals is their business - and no one elses.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 5:32 pm

MyWorld wrote:
I don't mean to be offensive, but I noticed on WP that there are some aspies and auties that have f***ed up beliefs. For example someone said that they think that incest should be legal. 8O Also, bestiality. Are there many people like that on WP? Did you have many experiences of seeing similar posts (not just referring to what I said before?)

No. You probably saw this on the Adult section of the forum.

As the ones above me have said, people with or without ASDs have f**ked-up beliefs.
There's some anti-WP YouTube video poster/complete idiot who took two or three WP posts out of context, made a video about it, and then proceeded to call all of us neo-Nazis and stuff. Not to mention some of those posters were trolls and stuff.

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2011, 5:33 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
And NT's don't have some f**ked up beliefs? Last time I checked, there wasn't anybody in the Phelps family with diagnosed Asperger's/autism, yet they're still out there being idiots.

Who?

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2011, 5:35 pm

draelynn wrote:
What legal consenting adults want to do with their genitals is their business - and no one elses.

I still think incest is wrong between 2 adults. :thumbdown:

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 5:40 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
MyWorld wrote:

As the ones above me have said, people with or without ASDs have f****-up beliefs.
There's some anti-WP YouTube video poster/complete idiot who took two or three WP posts out of context, made a video about it, and then proceeded to call all of us neo-Nazis and stuff. Not to mention some of those posters were trolls and stuff.

Do you have a link? I want to see this.

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

MyWorld wrote:
draelynn wrote:

I still think incest is wrong between 2 adults. :thumbdown:

I don't know whether the thread in question was arguing that it was right. Haven't read it. But there may be nuances of belief that fall differently than what is expected. Legality and morality don't necessarily need to match.

There are many behaviors widely considered immoral but legal . . . lying, being cruel, etc.

In order to avoid going too far off point . . .

Perhaps there are people here who are far enough removed from majority mainstream thought that their approach is different, or perhaps there are those who are purely analytical to the point of having removed the visceral reaction to the thought and thus have arrived at certain conclusions. Or maybe they have noticed actions that are so egregious or foreign to their thought (like lying) that they do not understand why other equally abhorred behaviors are condemned. I haven't read the threads in question, so I do not know the source of the statements.

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2011, 5:49 pm

Yupa wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
MyWorld wrote:

As the ones above me have said, people with or without ASDs have f****-up beliefs.

Do you have a link? I want to see this.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt128947.html

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 5:50 pm

draelynn wrote:

Yes, but this thread doesn't seem to be about consenting adults...

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

MyWorld wrote:

No. And you are quoting a thread titled "Does anyone else have any politically radical ideas?" Post this question anywhere, and you are going to get a bunch of politically radical ideas (not all of which are necessarily totally serious). Believe me, I've seen far crazier ideas elsewhere on the web. If you haven't, you haven't been around the web much. :lol:

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

MyWorld wrote:
I don't mean to be offensive, but I noticed on WP that there are some aspies and auties that have f***ed up beliefs.

Yeah, you're absolutely right - gun nuts, Rand devotees, Mackems... :wink:

(and some lunatic who thinks humanity will stick around long enough to hit Kardashev II 8O :) )

The year is still young.