Another proof that I've outgrown my diagnosis.

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:08 pm

Due to my hyperactive nature, I've ADHD, and intelligence I used to, and still, make witty comments about people without knowing their, what I call, local meaning(see my signature) and social implications(I will post my ToM rules this year) which would be very insulting. Then people(NTs) will reply in a similar manner and this would get me more trouble. After few years of hard retrospection I first realized what I call local language rules, at the age of 26 and half, and Theory of Mind rules, at the age of 27.
This is my score on face reading:
Your score 28
Total possible score 36
An average score for this test is 26.2, or 21.9 for an adult with asperger's syndrome. Of course I did undergo this test, that may have had a positive effect but still the score is above average.
This is the link http://www.questionwritertracker.com/in ... n=Z4MK3TKB

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

I don't put a lot of faith in the eyes test. It is far too easy to deduce the answers through process of elimination.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:31 pm

I got 18 for this test.

28 is pretty close to the average score for someone with AS.

18 is still close to it too.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:35 pm

IamTheWalrus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2011, 3:39 pm

I scored 23. It felt good to have so many good answers. :P

I do a lot worse in reading correctly in real life.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:42 pm

I scored a 20. I must say that test really frustrated me. More than half the time what I saw wasn't even an option.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:44 pm

As an artist, I study facial expressions so I score very high on such tests. But it does not translate well to real life. Not even a little.

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2011, 3:45 pm

I got a 28. You know, I thought about whether one could ever fully outgrow Asperger's, and I decided that I don't think someone can. The only thing the eye test proves is that you can read facial expressions. It doesn't measure whether you can interpret expressions instinctively or had to learn them another way. There's a bit more to Asperger's than that.

wavefreak: People in real life only have the more subtle expressions from the test anyways. People don't turn their head 45 degrees away from you when they look at you suspiciously.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:50 pm

daspie wrote:
Due to my hyperactive nature, I've ADHD, and intelligence I used to, and still, make witty comments about people without knowing their, what I call, local meaning(see my signature) and social implications(I will post my ToM rules this year) which would be very insulting. Then people(NTs) will reply in a similar manner and this would get me more trouble. After few years of hard retrospection I first realized what I call local language rules, at the age of 26 and half, and Theory of Mind rules, at the age of 27.
Your score 28
Total possible score 36
An average score for this test is 26.2, or 21.9 for an adult with asperger's syndrome. Of course I did undergo this test, that may have had a positive effect but still the score is above average.

daspie, due to your continuing obsession with this notion has proven to me that you have not outgrown it. :lol: :P

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:51 pm

Mdyar wrote:

daspie, due to your continuing obsession with this notion has proven to me that you have not outgrown it. :lol: :P

:lmao:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:51 pm

Mdyar wrote:
daspie wrote:
Your score 28
Total possible score 36

And the fact you had figured out the NT language wrong. :lol:

I read parts of that other thread to see this.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

14 Apr 2011, 3:52 pm

I scored 25, although the first time I took this test I scored 19, and this is my fourth try since December.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:55 pm

I got 30. I'm suprised I did so well.

I think it's impossible to "outgrow" an ASD, but there are many things one can do to minimise it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Mdyar wrote:

I noticed that, too. I've argued with daspie over that in the past. Quite insistent he's right.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 4:01 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Mdyar wrote:

I noticed that, too. I've argued with daspie over that in the past. Quite insistent he's right.

And it's another thing that is common in AS, always think they are right and everyone else is wrong. Except he thinks he is right in this and everyone else is wrong when they try and correct him, even NTs but at least he is open for ideas. :D

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 4:29 pm

The problem I have with this test is that it tells me nothing really. Here is why:

1 If I look at the picture without looking at the list of options below, most of the time I have no idea what the expression is. I then look at the list of choices and pick the 'most likely one' based on what is there (ie if a person is frowning and the other options are happy, excited and joyful, contemplative...I can logically conclude that it is not likely to be one of the first 3 lol).

2 When I do think I know what the expression is, I look at the list of options and the expression is not listed, so I have to go through the process above.

3 They are still pictures and I have time to fully consider and analyse them. In live social situations you don't have this luxury.

4 You cannot ask a person to freeze and hold their expression whilst you pull out a list of multiple choice options so you can figure out what they are thinking/feeling in real life.

Therefore these tests are not a reliable indicator of being able to read facial expressions unless you can look at the picture and know instantaneously what the expression is without a multiple choice guide and freeze frame to help you. If you have to stop and work it out based on the available options because you misread the expression just by looking at it...you probably still have problems lol.