Page 2 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

keira
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 4:34 pm

My sense of humor is mostly sarcastic and dark but others seem to like it. I love to laugh and I tend to find humor in everything. I can notice the irony of even the worst situations and laugh at it (privately mostly). It makes this life more bearable - the ability to laugh at it. There was this book I read very long time ago. It was Steppenwolf by H. Hesse and there was this character Mozart who tried to teach the main character that it's important to seize the dark humor of this life or something like that. That somehow got to me and I tried to change my attitude and find humor in ridiculous twists of life.
It was a good book. I should reread it.

Phillip_J_Fry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2011, 9:25 pm

I am always making jokes, and have had decent success with it, over the years. I was the class clown in college, and I still get messages on Facebook from school friends saying "Remember that time you said... That was funny."
Looking back, I think I always tried to make people laugh because mirth was one of the few emotions I could pick up on in others.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2011, 11:07 pm

I definately have a sense of humor, though my NT wife doesn't seem to get it. She claims everybody in the world but me "thinks like her". I DON'T believe her! :lol: hahaha!

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 5:01 am

There was a young aspie called Dave
Who when wound up could really rave
He would go on and on and on
His obsessions cared for by no one
Often forgetting to wash and bathe

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2011, 5:15 am

SammichEater wrote:
Thanks for reminding me to check xkcd. It screams aspie humor more than anything else I've read on the internet.

These are great, I know what I'm doing for the next few hours!

Supernova008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 May 2011, 2:13 pm

I have a sarcastic sense of humour, not necessarily dark. So I don't say jokes well, but I can very quickly think of something funny to say pertaining to the situation. I guess it could be called witty. I don't know whether that's Aspie like.

EmmaUK12
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 2:23 pm

People often say i'm funny, but i don't think I am. I'm really sarcastic, most people thinks thats funny, some take offence.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 7:17 pm

I think I have a good sense of humor and I know how to make people laugh. It takes different types of jokes to make different types of people laugh. I've even surprised people by showing that I can even make "mature" jokes and people don't expect that kind of thing from me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 11:46 pm

I do have a sense of humour and I usually like satire......as its usually true to an extent and therefore funny. I also have a rather dark sense of humour. If I was watching a Horror movie in a movie theater I would be the person laughing at it. I also really like all the Monty Python movies so whatever that sort of humour is called I do enjoy.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:58 am

I have a dark sense of humour. And I like dirty jokes they're always funny xD

A man walks into a bar and asks for an Bin Laden.. The bartender asks him "whats a Bin Laden?" The man replies "three shots and a splash of water."

Phillip_J_Fry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2011, 11:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I do have a sense of humour and I usually like satire......as its usually true to an extent and therefore funny. I also have a rather dark sense of humour. If I was watching a Horror movie in a movie theater I would be the person laughing at it. I also really like all the Monty Python movies so whatever that sort of humour is called I do enjoy.

Monty Python can best be described as absurdist or surreal humor. If you like that, try the Mighty Boosh. It's one of my all time favorites.

extractor
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2011, 11:33 am

I make people laugh on occation but im not a funny person in general. I have a habbit of "fake laughing" when people try to be funny. When i "fake laugh" its not because i tell myself to fake it. Its something that happens automatically on most parts. Its socially accepted to laugh at peoples jokes and its wired in me to give them the response they want. Weird, but handy.

I also seem to laugh much more when im social. If im alone i more often laugh inside me or give out a "heh" through pushing air out my nose. On rare occations i rofl.

If stoned i laugh at anything for hours.

Edit; I have alot of intern humor with different friends of mine. With my best friend for instance, we have a very childish and stupid sense of humor. People around us will never understand us and ive noticed a few times that some people even envy this humorus bond we have.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 11:51 am

I think I have a sense of humor, though I have also been accused of not having one. I guess I am more likely to get humor that's obvious than subtle. Maybe for me, it also depends on the tone of voice used too.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

extractor
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2011, 11:55 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
I find it ironic that a thread about aspie humor has so little humor in it.

:lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 12:59 pm

I must have a good sense of humour because when I'm quiet and upset about something, people are like, ''where's your sense of humour?'' as though they are shocked. I don't get asked that very often, so I must be a good humour person.

I do laugh a lot when with other people. It makes me feel better in myself. Sometimes a bubbly personality can erase a social mistake, shielding your weirdness. That's what I've learnt anyway. It's too complicated to explain.

Last edited by Joe90 on 25 May 2011, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:13 pm

My cats tell me I'm quite funny, but they may be biased.