Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2011, 2:11 am

I just can't keep up with anything anymore. And I am only 28! culture fashion technolgy, I feel like I am sinking into a black hole going down down down into nothing and my parents are not helping me! no emotional support or anything no matter what people say to me, "things will get better" it just rubs off my shoulders i just give up! I am snappy angry all the time. and the problem is only esculating what do i do?!? :(

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 2:23 am

That sounds like it could be a form of depression.

I've experienced similar feelings at times when I was in a depressive episode. I found that it helped to talk to a therapist.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

25 Apr 2011, 3:10 am

I recomend journaling it really helped me out of a very deep depression. just write 3 or more pages a day and do so without thinking about what you are writing ...let it flow all that anger has to come out one way or another....this way you can let it out in a controlled manner, otherwise you are likely to either explode and do something you will regret or implode and start decompensating.

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2011, 3:21 am

jojobean wrote:
I recomend journaling it really helped me out of a very deep depression. just write 3 or more pages a day and do so without thinking about what you are writing ...let it flow all that anger has to come out one way or another....this way you can let it out in a controlled manner, otherwise you are likely to either explode and do something you will regret or implode and start decompensating.

i will give it a go

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 6:46 am

Often times when I was depressed, I was stuck in a routine. Wake up, work, come home, play on the computer, eat, sleep. Get out of the house, even if it's just to walk in the mall for a while. It's easy to not realize how much of the world has passed you by while you sit at home, and the web isn't as good of a window to the world as you may think.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 7:47 am

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
I am snappy angry all the time. and the problem is only esculating what do i do?!? :(

The liver is the seat of anger. There use to be a saying a sh***y livered mood. Try looking after your liver with cooling foods and alkaline (green) foods

Anger is one letter short of danger

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2011, 8:30 am

Surfman wrote:
bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
I am snappy angry all the time. and the problem is only esculating what do i do?!? :(

The liver is the seat of anger. There use to be a saying a sh***y livered mood. Try looking after your liver with cooling foods and alkaline (green) foods

Anger is one letter short of danger

so true

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 8:56 am

Excersise.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 1:38 am

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
I just can't keep up with anything anymore. And I am only 28! culture fashion technolgy, I feel like I am sinking into a black hole going down down down into nothing and my parents are not helping me! no emotional support or anything no matter what people say to me, "things will get better" it just rubs off my shoulders i just give up! I am snappy angry all the time. and the problem is only esculating what do i do?!? :(
What makes you think you're supposed to keep up with everything? We live in a culture of overload, consumerism, and with technology that changes more in one week than it once did in 20 years. No one can keep up with all of that. Chill out, choose your favorite things to keep up with, and give yourself a break.

Journal writing is a great suggestion. I've done that for decades, and it really helps me focus in on what's most important to me. I let everything else go. Of course there are times when more is thrust on me by others, but I refuse to overwhelm myself by thinking I have to be good at or keep up with EVERYTHING. I don't. You don't either. :)