Have you ever been punched before for a comment you made?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

LovebirdsFlying
Raven
Raven

04 May 2011, 3:06 am

swbluto wrote:
I don't think so. There was a person who bullied me in First grade, though, and there was a girl in fourth grade who was teasing me (But I made her stop with the "My mom said if a girl is teasing me, that means she likes me." line, and she immediately went "ewwwww.... no!" and completely desisted, lol.)

:salut: Why didn't I ever think of that one?

AQ score 35

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 8:10 am

my family constantly tells me that I have yet for this to happen to me. Generally the way I come off to people brings a lot of hatred my way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 8:20 am

When I was ten years old, I called a kid the "N-word." I got punched for it, deservedly.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Aug 2016, 8:42 am

No, I have not.

Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2016, 8:57 am

I've actually had kinda the opposite happen. Growing up I was selectively mute. In middle school, there was this girl on the bus who got mad that I wouldn't talk to her and started punching me in the face.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 9:19 am

No, luckily.

RabidFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2016, 10:03 am

Now if someone could read my mind, I'd probably get punched in the face a lot. :D

Really, I'm just joking... sorta.

Considering I don't really talk to people, no, I don't have that problem. And I don't usually post on forums either, so no one is really wanting to get back at me either.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 11:15 am

League_Girl wrote:
Have you ever been punched or had drinks thrown at or spat at or hit or slapped for making a comment to them?

Fortunately I have never had this happen. Maybe because I am lucky I have not ran into those people or because I am shy so I don't say much to people unless I know them well enough or get comfortable with them. Then I was shocked to learn some people actually punch others when they get insulted or something so that is why people are jerks online because you can't punch them for things they say. To me that is just them being cowards because they can't say it in real life due to the worst consequences so they do it behind the screen where they can't get punched or have drinks thrown at them, etc.

Then I read another thread here in the parents board that her aspie son said to a boy "hey acne face" and she heard from that boy if her son were his age, he'd deck him. I assume "deck" is a term for punch. So it made me wonder how many of us have been decked or had drinks thrown at us or food, etc. for comments we'd make. If this has happened to you, did you learn anything from it like you shouldn't say that to people or tell them about something because it can make them mad?

I've never had that happen but I don't go around insulting people or trying to start fights either. That boys mom should probably explain to him it's not ok to insult people or call them names...I don't blame the kid who said he'd hit him if they were the same age I wouldn't have liked getting called acne face either.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 11:17 am

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 10 Aug 2016, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 11:41 am

wait....I do actually remember an incident, one time for a reason I don't remember I was being a jerk picking on my younger brother and wouldn't stop so he hit me right in the face. Looking back though pretty sure I deserved that one as it was a jerk thing to do, and at that point I think I was pretty much in my teens and he was just reaching adolescence so he was still much smaller than me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 11:44 pm

How come NTs can make nasty comments to us and it's OK, but if we say anything bad to them we get punched? Why do we have to spend our whole lives making sure we don't hurt their feelings, while some of them bully us and call us bad names and don't care that it hurts our feelings? :(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 11:54 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
bergie wrote:
Yup. I had a roommate who had a very short temper. Once, we were playing a football video game and he scored a touchdown and said something like "who was that who just scored on you?" and I said jokingly "your mother". He didn't take it as a joke and attacked me punching me several times before I could hit him back and get away. I moved out after that.

That comment you made was funny, and it's typical trash talk. What's his problem?

But if the neurotypical had said that, you'd be expected to accept it as a joke, and would be unacceptable to attack and punch him over it?

Sigh, why is the neurytypical always 'right'?