Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 9:23 pm

I feel trapped in the nt world.

After having some experience meeting aspies, and thinking of things in truly aspie terms, I feel like I'm trapped in an nt mindset.

I've started working in a lumber yard, and of course am working in an environment that is very nt oriented, or atleast where my impairments are not noticeable is very hard. I feel like I'm constantly trying to emulate nts, with no avenue just to groove in my natural autistic way. It's very strange because I feel like I'm an nt when clearly I am not.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 9:41 pm

I'm not sure what to say.

Unfortunatelly, the working world is not as tolerant of "quirks" as it once was.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 9:47 pm

AgentPalpatine wrote:
I'm not sure what to say.

Unfortunatelly, the working world is not as tolerant of "quirks" as it once was.

Well Ironically I work mostly with oddball eastern european carpenters, I've yet to find a way to stack lumber like an aspies. Even my strange obsession of language is quite normal to these people as most of them are multi lingual. It's very confusing to say the least.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2013, 10:34 pm

Living and working in an NT world is very stressful, at least it is for me. And yes, we are trapped in an NT world. Just be thankful that Wrong Planet exists! There are times when I feel almost "normal", but then comes a meltdown and I am reminded just who and what I am. After all of these years, I am REALLY tired of it all.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 3:53 am

Sounds like you have found a job that you don't hate. If your impairments are not noticed and the pay is acceptable then try to relax a bit and enjoy it.
Just don't relax too much or get into arty timber stacking, that's a different job.