My autism stopping me form what i want to do.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2011, 4:31 pm

So i have autism and i want to play socker but theres a problem...avreytime i join a sport people are running so fast and yelling to others what to do and i dont understand people exsplane them and i understand some of what they are saying but i think something happends inside because when i see people running around my mind gets scared but the other side of me wants to run out and do what there doing but then theres the yelling to give others to orders on what to do. with all this happaning at one time nothing make scents to me anymore its like only somethings do the simple little things do. and i want to move but i cant move last time i played something in school the jim teacher told me what to do and sent me out there and then i stopped moveing the ball went by me as i just like froze up inside and my heart just ponded my thoughts were crazy and i got comfused agien....then he yelled at me so i moved but it was slow and the other kids you could tell they didnt like me because of it. It got to the point were the jim teacher yelled at me and told me to get to the side because i wasnt trying when really i was trying even though it didnt look like i was...i wanted to play that game so bad. At one point he tryed to help me but it didnt help because the eye contacked scared me i keept looking up looking away and he told me to look at him and also the sounds avreything was this big place i needed to look at.

I got a problem how do i play socker a game i love but cant play because of my autism and anxiety plus what one would it have been more my anxiety or autism? and i dont understand how i can play this game if people dont understand me like this. but i want to play!

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 10:58 pm

I don't think yelling works. What you need are some cheerleaders.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2011, 11:01 pm

No the teachers yelling at me and kids are upset im out of that school im home schooled now but want to join socker and im not sure how to go at it if this happends.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 11:15 pm

First of all you have to realize your potential as a super athelete. Of course you will make mistakes but a neurotypical coach will punish you if you make a mistake by benching you. Not only is this stupid but it is also idiotic. As long as you learn from your mistakes you should not be punished but rather rewarded as this is part of your learning experience. That way you will never be held back. You will be able to accomplish things that are unprecedented.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2011, 11:21 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
First of all you have to realize your potential as a super athelete. Of course you will make mistakes but a neurotypical coach will punish you if you make a mistake by benching you. Not only is this stupid but it is also idiotic. As long as you learn from your mistakes you should not be punished but rather rewarded as this is part of your learning experience. That way you will never be held back. You will be able to accomplish things that are unprecedented.

He did that he would say good job way to go and things but then go into yelling when i stopped and got scared or lost attenstion. How can aworeds help if im still scared of avreything?