Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NewShinyCD
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2011, 11:07 am

So today is when I go to the psychologist. To be honest, I'm extremely anxious and I don't know what is going to happen.

I'm trying to make a list right now of my traits and characteristics, and while it is about half way done, I keep having trouble writing it down. I will think of something and then I will think of another time when I was a kid and when I try to write it down it is hard for me to describe it.

I've also printed off the aspie quiz, but I'm afraid to take it in because I'm not sure if the doctor will take it seriously or not. I'm not sure if the office specializes in ASD or not, but I didn't see it on the website.

sdkfjewjkrh2398ydhn;efw :(

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 2:16 pm

I don't have anything useful to say, but I hope that it goes well.

NewShinyCD
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2011, 8:30 pm

Yea I guess I was just venting.

So it actually went ok. I thought the doctor would shrug off the idea of AS, but he actually wants me to have an evaluation done for ADHD and AS. However, the person at the office that does testing doesn't accept my insurance for whatever reason, so now I have to find someone else to have the test done.
He went through the entire list I gave him and actually seemed to think that I do show ADHD traits and AS traits, but he wants to make sure with testing first. Also anxiety.