Tiffinity says - not AS topic but I had a heart attack!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Tiffinity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2011, 9:05 pm

Hiya,
I promised to keep everyone posted on my search for a new doctor and my anger at my wrong dx but in the meantime something worse happened to me which has put things a little more in perspective for me.

On April 19 I was taking my mum to her doctor, me pushing wheelchair, it was quite a warm day in London and as I reached Edgware Rd (sure a lot of you have heard of it via 7/7 bombings) I couldn't breathe. Thought it was a panic attack but it didn't feel right, I was choking and feeling very nauseous. Somehow I carried on to the drs, seemed better than going home, and the nurses gave me an ECG and GNT spray and aspirin, didn't work so they dialled 999 and got me to St. Mary's, Paddington and after loads of tests the doctors told me I was having a heart attack. I was transferred at 6am to Hammersmith where I had an angiogram and was then taken back to St. Mary's where I spent the next three days. I am so so shocked. This is not what I expected at 55.

I've since changed doctors and the new doc immediately put me back on 5mg of diazepam 3x a day (what I've wanted for years!) He ordered loads of blood tests but before I managed to get the results I had another suspected heart episode on Sunday and was back in hospital for 24hrs and got out yesterday. I'm shattered and the sensory overload is overloaded. I really thought I was going to die. Therefore I'm slowing down my dx quest and am going to watch my anger levels (they really need checking) and, please God, get better. I've more hospital appointments coming up, echoes etc and I'm rattling with all the tablets I'm taking.

I feel very low, angry and weepy and annoyed with myself for being so intense all the time but you never realise these things until they come back to bite you on the arse. I'm scared because I still have AS and all that goes with it but now I have to try and stay calm yet mobile while taking care not to damage my heart further. I'm just sitting here shaking my head at the moment in disbelief.

I just wanted to let you all know that I wish I'd played it all a bit calmer and I want you to think of that if possible and sorry this wasn't really an AS post but good luck to me with the new doctor. At least I got that done even if it did nearly kill me :!: 8O

Tiffinity.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 9:19 pm

Dear Tiffinity,

I am so glad you are okay! That must have been the most frightening experience imaginable! Well beyond imaginable! It's good it was discovered in time and that you've gotten treatment. Thank the universe this has turned out well.

Tiffinity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2011, 9:29 pm

Dear Purchase,

I appreciate that very much, thank you. It certainly was frightening, it still is actually cos I live alone and keep waiting for the old ticker (or jam tart as we cockneys say) to start playing up again. Talk about taking things by the minute :roll:

Tiffinity.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 10:36 pm

I'm glad you are doing relatively well considering the circumstances.

What things anger you?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 11:55 pm

I'm glad that you're still with us.

Tiffinity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2011, 4:50 pm

Chronos wrote:
I'm glad you are doing relatively well considering the circumstances.

What things anger you?

I was very angry about not being able to get an AS dx especially as I tick all the boxes and the stress and constant trying to be believed must have got to me more than I realised. Ironically, having a diagnosis would have really helped me while I was in hospital and undergoing treatment because of the sensory overload which I found made me really anxious ( which doesn't help a heart problem ). The nurses were lovely and understood with great sympathy my dilemma but unless it's written in black and white and officially on your medical notes it's not taken as anything other than an over-reactive imagination and self-diagnosis.

I also get angry very easily at injustice and unfairness, inconsideration from other people and their rudeness which I am going to have to take control over now and just calm the anger down. It won't be easy but I'll do my best, I have to.

Tiffinity. (Thanks)

Tiffinity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2011, 4:51 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm glad that you're still with us.

Thank you, me too :)

Tiffinity.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 9:57 pm

I know how you feel I had congestive heart failure in 2005 I spent five days in the ICU. My body had an excessive amount of fluid in my lungs and body. I thought I had the flu but when I coughed fluid would come out. I was told if I would have waited another day I would have suffocated in my sleep. When I was admitted my blood pressure was 270/110 it took five months to get the right combination of medicine to get my blood pressure stablize. But everytime I go into public my blood pressure spikes the constant raising and lowering of my pressure damaged my kidneys and caused my heart enlarged.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

18 May 2011, 10:06 pm

Glad you're still with us, Tiffinity.

Tiffinity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2011, 3:24 pm

Todesking wrote:
I know how you feel I had congestive heart failure in 2005 I spent five days in the ICU. My body had an excessive amount of fluid in my lungs and body. I thought I had the flu but when I coughed fluid would come out. I was told if I would have waited another day I would have suffocated in my sleep. When I was admitted my blood pressure was 270/110 it took five months to get the right combination of medicine to get my blood pressure stablize. But everytime I go into public my blood pressure spikes the constant raising and lowering of my pressure damaged my kidneys and caused my heart enlarged.

That sounds really frightening. I think anything that happens with your heart, lungs etc is so scary because that is basically the motor that keeps you running and it's such a shock to think that your body has let you down in that way, especially at what is a premature age. I think you're very brave and I appreciate you sharing your experience with me. I'm amazed at how many people I know have responded in a 'so what?' kind of way to my heart attack as though I've told them I've had a bit of a cold (and I'm talking family here and people I've known for years) it's certainly made me think differently about things. I've always been there for everyone but I know who my true friends and people are now. Rotten way to find out though.

I've got my six week scan on June 1st so I'll let you all know how I get on, bit scared really.

Thanks, Tiffinity.

Tiffinity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2011, 3:26 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Glad you're still with us, Tiffinity.

Thank you, Verdandi, your comment is much appreciated.

Tiffinity.