People who LOL at social norm violations

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

simfish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2011, 1:59 pm

Do you look for people like that? Personally, I do, since they're the people who are MOST likely to tolerate me (and DEFINITELY the most likely to REALLY like me - because that's precisely what I'm skilled at)

Thing is, though, that many of them are also intolerant in other ways (they're often people who go on 4chan's /b/ and stuff). But, on the other hand, some of them are the MOST tolerant people ever (in particular, girls who LOL at cracked.com and encyclopedia dramatica but don't contribute generally aren't *******s, and generally seem to like me).

TB
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:15 pm

Maybe the word you are looking for is open minded, because i tend to have this too. People who abide by their instinct like its somekind of law of nature. I ussually dont get along with these but on the other hand thinking people you can call them, who actually do introspection and know that not everything what you see on the outside defines a person. People with a functioning mind they are the ones i get along with well.

In general low on judgements high on putting things in perspective and staying objective i love that. Always giving things the benefit of the doubt instead of twisting it till you get a pile of s**t.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:18 pm

TB wrote:
Maybe the word you are looking for is open minded, because i tend to have this too. People who abide by their instinct like its somekind of law of nature. I ussually dont get along with these but on the other hand thinking people you can call them, who actually do introspection and know that not everything what you see on the outside defines a person. People with a functioning mind they are the ones i get along with well.

In general low on judgements high on putting things in perspective and staying objective i love that. Always giving things the benefit of the doubt instead of twisting it till you get a pile of sh**.

As I would say, there's two types of people: those who are open minded, and those who are not. Open minded people are so much easier to get along with.

Last edited by SammichEater on 24 May 2011, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:19 pm

SammichEater wrote:
TB wrote:

In general low on judgements high on putting things in perspective and staying objective i love that. Always giving things the benefit of the doubt instead of twisting it till you get a pile of sh**.

As I would say, there's two types of people: those who are open minded, and those who are not.

pretty funny how i can be described as close minded in my post cus im actually full of judgements.

skonamis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2011, 2:20 pm

i can lol about everything that seems silly to me. These including the social norms. But many people follow social norms like it is a very important rule of some kind. But i still find it silly. I lately made 2 friends who also find many thing including social norms silly. It is fun to analize things around myself and find out that not every rule is neccecary. I feel free in my soul when i can be the way i like.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:39 pm

TB wrote:
pretty funny how i can be described as close minded in my post cus im actually full of judgements.

That's not exactly what I meant by open minded. Everyone has their own judgements. Those who are open minded are those who understand that other people have different judgements. There's more than one way to do something. People who are closed minded are totally unaware of that.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:52 pm

I can make NT's laugh with random things. I said i felt like a bulldozer in a washing machine and people lolled. it was amusing.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 8:25 pm

I think a lot of NTs who do understand social norms are actually annoyed by them and enjoy being free of them when interacting with "weirdos" such as myself. I also enjoy interacting with these kinds of people. They're more open about themselves too and not into any kind of power play that I can't even recognize in real-time.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 8:35 pm

I've had this happen to me quite recently actually. When I was on holiday in the Algarve I made a point of buying mini bottles of Super Bock Stout which contains its own ringpull. I then walked triumphantly back to the apartment, bottle in hand. I got some laughs from people for doing it.

The reason I did it is because drinking in public is legal and tolerated in Portugal as long as one is not causing a nuisance. Try that in the UK and you'd get a much more negative reaction.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 8:07 am

SammichEater wrote:
TB wrote:

That's not exactly what I meant by open minded. Everyone has their own judgements. Those who are open minded are those who understand that other people have different judgements. There's more than one way to do something. People who are closed minded are totally unaware of that.

I know you didnt mean it like that. If you take a look at your statement you could say that you are closed minded too for putting people in the closed or open minded box. Its just that human language is built around judgements and labels even our thinking so everyone is closed minded to some degree.

Its just that i was thinking about the times where people let me in on the judgements they make about others.
They see a person on the street and make nasty remarks about their apearance or behaviour which i never think are justified. In my view totally innocent people are target of hatred, but on the other hand i judge people too and when i do i think they deserve it.
But how does that make my judgements any better then the judgements of people who judge ''innocent'' people. Its hard to explain.
All humans are hypocrite.

Open minded people are just able to keep their closed mindednes to a minimum