Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 1:09 pm

What agitates you? (If anything).

I get easily agitated. I'm a very stressy, agitated person, especially when I'm in my own - not so much when I'm with company.

Toddlers agitate me - really bad. Unless they're the quiet type (which not many are), I get really agitated. I hate it when on the bus when the mother takes the toddler out of it's buggy and sits it on her lap or on the seat next to her, then about 5 minutes later puts it back in the buggy, because 85 percent of toddlers have tantrums when they're being made to get back into their pushchair. Then I think, ''here we go!'' If toddlers didn't cry so loudly, I would be OK. If their cry was at the same volume as an older child or adult's cry, I would be fine.

I can't think what else agitates me at the moment, but I will think of something soon.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 1:50 pm

When people do things other than what they said they were going to do-equates to lying to me-when people who are supposed to give me advanced warning that they are going to show up call me 5 minutes before they show up and tell me they are coming and then say "oh I forgot to call you" but they called my coworker the day before and told him. People that do things behind my back and then something goes wrong and I get in trouble for it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:36 pm

Valley talk agitates me. I can't stand it. Talk to me like I'm an adult, not like I'm a girly girl.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 2:43 pm

Psychological programming on the television and lying politicians

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

24 May 2011, 2:58 pm

People who touch me or bump into me agitate me. And people who try to talk to me when I'm immersed in my special interests.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 3:05 pm

People who assume I don't know anything, or can't do anything for myself. *cough* mom *cough*

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 3:50 pm

Being made to hurry.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 4:00 pm

Saying about people should have kept their legs crossed when it comes to stressful situations.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 May 2011, 4:38 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Saying about people should have kept their legs crossed when it comes to stressful situations.

I really do not love that phrase either.

Okay, so:

Noise (small children, yapping dogs, crying infants, and arguing teens/adults). Pretty much any noise that sounds like there's urgency and frustration communicates itself to me (yay intense world) and I start to build up a lot of anxiety, like I am right now.

Change. If I am invited to go on a trip, I start to ruminate on all the ways it could go horribly wrong and kill us all. I actually need time to get over the anxiety in order to be able to say "yes, I'll go." Asking me if I want to do something like that on the same day would just about push me over the edge. This also happens in other ways, such as dealing with unexpected house guests or something that was planned for a time does not in fact happen. I can usually handle spur of the moment trips to the store. Well, I can sometimes handle it, but not always. It's really hit or miss.

Sometimes I just get panic attacks out of the blue. I don't know what triggers them, although I suspect either emotions I can't identify due to alexithymia, sensory overload, or both.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2011, 8:34 pm

"Why" questions.
Getting approached, even indirectly (like if I'm simply standing in the person's path).
Being told about a family member's accomplishments.

Katiebun2281
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2011, 8:48 pm

Kids, in general
Barking dogs
TV commercials
Being touched, why do NT's like to put their hands on me? I'm NOT here just so people can touch me. Perverts

People and noise in general agitate me.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 8:51 pm

When people with whom I don't want to talk act like they deserve a response from me.

Meetings at work, doubly so when someone asks an insanely convoluted hypothetical question, and triply so when someone asks a question that was answered in nauseating detail 15 minutes before. Also the work that piles up while they waste my time.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 8:53 pm

Nothing ever bugs me more than the noise of someone continually taking the top off and putting it back on his or her bottle of drinking water.

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2011, 10:43 pm

Most of my agitations involve noise sensitivity: Overlapping conversations. Sirens. Barking dogs. Screaming kids. Loud exhaust systems on cars and motorcycles. The horrible music that stores force on you. I could go on.

But being touched is probably the worst for me. Especially shaking hands. Most repellent custom ever invented, in my opinion.

Clothing tags. But that's easily remedied with scissors.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 10:49 pm

Ookla wrote:
... Loud exhaust systems on ... motorcycles.

Responsible riders will not do that to you, but "Loud pipes (do) saves lives" out on the highway.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 11:28 pm

the sound of footsteps
whispering
scratchy clothing
loud people
crowds
most perfume smells
bad drivers
criticism