RAADS-R: Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Adults

Page 2 of 10 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 7:41 am

167, with the usual cluster of "never"s when the question didn't make sense. Friends??

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 8:24 am

I think had I taken it is a clinical setting it would have taken me hours because I would have had the clinician explain a lot of the questions. Some were obvious. But some are tied to how I think others perceive me and not how I am actually perceived. I can't answer those easily. And I've gotten very good at suppressing my innate responses even if this makes me inwardly very tense and easily exhausted.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2011, 9:35 am

the ones reverse scored were upsetting and sidetracked by how often the patterns are repeated in counting 3

all in all fun but no clue how they are scoring it or how to get the categories (kind of embarrassed to ask but I had to write down the answers on paper?? and then score it?? was there an auto scoring I missed??)

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2011, 12:29 pm

My attempt came out as 71. (The lowest on this thread so far, but within their 'autistic' range.) There were a lot of questions that I was unsure how to answer; I ended up answering some uncertain ones in each direction, but probably in such a way that the score came out lower than it should rather than higher than it should.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

Last edited by Cassia on 07 Jun 2011, 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

alone wrote:
I had to write down the answers on paper?? and then score it?? was there an auto scoring I missed??)

No, there's no auto-score. You have to do it by hand - whether on paper or on the computer.
(It's not meant to be an online test.)

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

07 Jun 2011, 1:22 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Hmm, I scored 220.

Similar problems as others with some questions - for example "I always notice how food feels in my mouth. This is more important to me than how it tastes."
I always do notice and it's sometimes a distraction from the taste, but never more important than the taste.
This was resolved only because it was more of an issue when I was younger than 16 - otherwise it would have been unanswerable.

I had an easy time with this question because texture has always been important to me, and if the texture is off I can't eat it. I love how hummus tastes but I can't stand it because of the texture.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

Made the test into a PDF with scoring table.

http://www.adrive.com/public/0d91e4a75c ... ef8dd.html

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 1:26 pm

zer0netgain wrote:

How aspie is that? :lol:

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

07 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

zer0netgain wrote:

Well, that saves me the trouble of making it into a spreadsheet... :D

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

How aspie is that? :lol:

I scored at 168....you tell me. 8) :lol:

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 1:54 pm

Verdandi wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

You still can if you want to code it to auto score for people. :P

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

Higher than I thought - 156.

I found alot of the questions vexing. Some of the questions - like tone of voice - SOMETIMES its flat or monotone, not always. Alot of absolutes in there when I don't have hard and fast consistency with some things. Also, things that I learned to do better in my 20's or so I checked the 'before 16' box because I assumed that what they were looking for - learned skills.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 3:28 pm

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 4:00 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

You still can if you want to code it to auto score for people. :P

That was my intention. :D

I need to reinstall Office anyway.

Wooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2011, 5:57 pm

draelynn wrote:
Higher than I thought - 156.

I found alot of the questions vexing. Some of the questions - like tone of voice - SOMETIMES its flat or monotone, not always. Alot of absolutes in there when I don't have hard and fast consistency with some things. Also, things that I learned to do better in my 20's or so I checked the 'before 16' box because I assumed that what they were looking for - learned skills.

A more sensible form of this test I think would be to have answers of "Often / Definitely", "Occasionally / Perhaps" and "Never / No" - with instruction to put a small x where the answer was more true when you were younger - so those could be subtotalled separately. Exactly how to use / apply that subtotal is for more clever people than me to figure out but I think it would be better "raw material" for the whole process.

Greater "resolution" would be possible by making a column for ALL of those - ie. 6 columns - with more complex assessment/scoring.

I can also see it would be best done interview style by someone who could decide which answer best fits according to the person's answer + response.

Do they actually say somewhere to just put zero for anything you CAN'T answer definitively/properly/honestly? Even if they don't I think that's probably the best and most accurate way to approach it if you're doing it yourself.

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 6:48 pm

176 but I always find these tests difficult.

For instance, what does "I am a sympathetic person" mean?

1. Compared to who?
2. What situation?
3. How can one tell if others are sympathetic, maybe they're just acting?
4. When does the line for any situation switch from being not caring to being sympathetic (does one have to cry, offer help?)
etc.