Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

21 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Do you, or have you, ever liked or admired robots or the mannerisms of robots? Myself, I've always adored the precision and speed robots are capable of. I remember in my past trying to mimic robots by trying to be a precise and as quick as possible in my movements (walking speed itself was normal), so I kind of wonder if this has anything to do with my attraction to autism because auties are supposedly robots incarnate. Or maybe I possibly have autism which explains my attraction to robots since I'm attracted to "similar things"? hehe.

Cybernetic androids rock my socks, dude! All hail Motoko Kusanagi! (Of Ghost in the Shell fame.)

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES (said in robotic voice)

My favorite fictional characters are robots - R. Daneel Olivaw and R. Giskard Reventlov from Asimov's Robot Series.

I like other robots too. I would like to be a robot in a society of robots.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

Robots and dinosaurs.

Two things other Aspies seem to love.

Two things I don't really care about.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:26 pm

I forgot to mention earlier that all of the robots in this robot society are evil robots and spend all their time plotting to subjugate the humans.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

I like building robots. :wink:

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

I definitely had robotics as a special interest back in high school.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

I adore C3PO and R2D2. Robots as they exist in this day and age are nauseatingly primitive.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

I would like a robot like C3PO to help me around the house with housework, bringing me tea, etc. I love robots.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:24 pm

:lol: I have a soft spot for robots, and it makes me feel awesome that Aspies are supposedly "robots incarnate." I always feel sorry for them when people are mean to them, and I am usually on their side when stuff happens to them. I was even writing a story about an awesome robot, but my hard drive got taken away because my suicide note was on it and I probably won't get it back for a while. The people who read it said I was a prodigy. It's been a few years, so I'll probably ask for it soon.

Besides my awesome robot character, I like Bender from Futurama, and all the robots from AI, Kryten from Red Dwarf, and the robot in Earth 2 (I forget his name). I think there are other robots I like, but I don't remember them right now because I'm upset about some technical things at my school.

Spock is sort of robot-esqe, but I don't like him the same way I like the other robots. He just makes me want to tickle him and see if he laughs. :lol:

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

21 Sep 2011, 8:28 pm

I love robots. I was actually a robot for Halloween when I was seven or eight. My mother made the costume out of boxes, papier mache and silver paint. Plus lots of colored plastic doodads.

My only regret was that I did not know about Daleks for another 10 years, as I believe "EX-TER-MIN-ATE" is totally appropriate for children to say.

I also liked the Asimov robot stories that btbnnyr mentioned. I also got into the Transformers (the original cartoon). Forbidden Planet was one of my favorite early SF movies because of the robot, and Lost in Space one of my favorite television series, again because of the robot.

One year I got a book "How to Draw Robots and Starships" for my birthday.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

I create robots. They obey me without question.

I am their god.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

diniesaur wrote:
:lol: I have a soft spot for robots, and it makes me feel awesome that Aspies are supposedly "robots incarnate." I always feel sorry for them when people are mean to them, and I am usually on their side when stuff happens to them. I was even writing a story about an awesome robot, but my hard drive got taken away because my suicide note was on it and I probably won't get it back for a while. The people who read it said I was a prodigy. It's been a few years, so I'll probably ask for it soon.

Besides my awesome robot character, I like Bender from Futurama, and all the robots from AI, Kryten from Red Dwarf, and the robot in Earth 2 (I forget his name). I think there are other robots I like, but I don't remember them right now because I'm upset about some technical things at my school.

Spock is sort of robot-esqe, but I don't like him the same way I like the other robots. He just makes me want to tickle him and see if he laughs. :lol:

btbnnyr wrote:
I forgot to mention earlier that all of the robots in this robot society are evil robots and spend all their time plotting to subjugate the humans.

{Bender's voice}Kill all humans{/Bender's voice}

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

21 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

btbnnyr wrote:

Being the commander of a robot army that I developed that'd enslave humanity is one of my fantasies. I don't think it's going to happen, but I can dream. :lol:

(*bangs head and says to self* Get... I,Robot... off...the...mind)

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 9:13 pm

I have never met a robots.

But I am certain that, should the need arise, I could destroy them with my "frost breath" before they could fix sensors on my coordinates.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 9:16 pm

Nah, I always found robots creepy. I was secretly afraid of Data as a kid. The only robot I ever liked was Gir from Invader Zim.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 9:29 pm

That's funny ... Cmdr Data seems like a poor caricature of an Asperglar. Like how he is trying to understand humor, but doesn't get the rhythm and timing of it...