Page 7 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 3:06 am

I suppose the most annoying thing about NTz is that there are so many of them!

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2011, 3:09 am

I hate the oneupmanship that they seem obsessed with.
Whenever I meet them they seem to want to dominate a conversation and won't let me get a single word in. It's almost like they enjoy keeping me "out".

I also HATE it when they chop me off half way through a sentence.
Sadly, I don't have the communication skills to do anything about it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 5:42 am

I said it before and I'll say it again: conformism. It gets on my tits, because people actually worry more about how they look than anything else. I'm not saying they don't worry about anything else. I'm saying that they way they look comes first. OK, this mostly applies to most NT women. Not so much men.

I wish somebody told me before I grew up that I had to conform, and if I don't conform I would be ridiculed. I don't like conforming but I don't like being ridiculed either, so I have to conform. If you can't beat them, join them.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

01 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

piroflip wrote:

I hate that as well, but I do have enough communication skills to say "You cut me off mid-sentence, bastard!".

For the most emphasis, you need to emphasize the "bastard" part, and it's probably better to say "You bastard!" first before saying "You cut me off mid-sentence" because you'll need to get their attention first to maximize the impact of the message.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

The girls all dress like sluts these days and the guys aren't really that good looking these days.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

swbluto wrote:
piroflip wrote:

I hate that as well, but I do have enough communication skills to say "You cut me off mid-sentence, bastard!".

For the most emphasis, you need to emphasize the "bastard" part, and it's probably better to say "You bastard!" first before saying "You cut me off mid-sentence" because you'll need to get their attention first to maximize the impact of the message.

Yea right. :roll: Do that and someone will get very defensive and ask "what's your problem?". Before that kind of outburst is warranted you first have to determine if 1) they did it on purpose and 2) you are not going on too long and hogging the conversation yourself.

Even if they are just being rude, a better strategy might be to just get louder and more emphatic yourself and try to steamroll right over them next time they're talking. If you want to learn how to be a rude blowhard right back at them without losing your temper just watch how the pros do it on the network news station political shows.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

01 Aug 2011, 5:19 pm

How many times do we have to beat this topic to death, raise from the dead and beat it again and again??

NT's suck, Aspies and Auties rule....at least on WP, THE END

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 5:56 pm

jojobean wrote:
NT's suck, Aspies and Auties rule....at least on WP, THE END

that's a real pleasant thought

Forever in debt to your priceless advice