Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2011, 6:36 pm

WHen i dont have work, which I absoultly hate, i do nothing... i have nothing to do, tv here and there, but thats it...

my lack of imagination is messing up my life experience

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2011, 6:39 pm

Is it depression?

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2011, 6:42 pm

EGGREGUYOUS wrote:
Is it depression?

no

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 7:33 pm

Boredom isn't my problem. Listlessness is. Boredom should never be a problem, because you can always get up and do something, anything, even if it's just doing jumping jacks. But listlessness is the worst. That's when you lose interest in absolutely everything and just sit there in a funk, staring at the walls.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2011, 9:12 am

Jory wrote:
Boredom isn't my problem. Listlessness is. Boredom should never be a problem, because you can always get up and do something, anything, even if it's just doing jumping jacks. But listlessness is the worst. That's when you lose interest in absolutely everything and just sit there in a funk, staring at the walls.

I can relate to that. I have recently forced myself to get to grips with a badly over grown garden and several outside painting jobs jobs that need doing while the weather lasts. After being content to leave them. the jobs have become enormous.
In typical AS style though I go from the extreme of neglecting them to another extreme of working on them every day. lol

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

Jory wrote:

What do you call it when you do force yourself to do something but you are still bored and dissatisfied with any activity you try?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

marshall wrote:
What do you call it when you do force yourself to do something but you are still bored and dissatisfied with any activity you try?

Still listlessness. When I try to force myself to read a book, I can't even focus on the words. And so on.

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2011, 6:08 pm

Have you had any changes in your medication recently? I've felt this way in June around the same time one of my medication doses was increased. I told my Psychologist this and he said it was something called "poop-out syndrome" when too much of a medication you take can cause listlessness and a decrease in motivation. A simple decrease from 40 milligrams a day to 30 helped me a whole bunch.