Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

So, are you supposed to be able to swap between personality types dependent on (long term) mood? Because that's what it looks like I do.

At my best I'm 5 with a 6 wing.

At my worst I'm 6 with a 5 wing.

I'd qualify as 5 with a 6 wing when I'm optimistic (which I overall identify as even though I've been unable to be optimistic usually in the past few years).

I'd qualify as 6 with a 5 wing when I'm being hit with emotional bombardment - when a fear has been placed within me. This has been more dominate since I was abused a few years ago, because that created the fear in the center, but the fear feels created and like it will leave when I get over my reactive depression (which it really feels like I will do - not just get control over it, but actually get rid of it and go back to the person I identify as).

I identify as 5 with a 6 wing that is being viewed as a 6 with a 5 wing because of a falsely placed fear that is not innate to me.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 1:10 pm

Actually, reading more, there's no question that I'm 5 with a 6 wing in my mind. It's just that I'm 5 with a 6 wing that's at level 7 currently

Quote:
Become reclusive and isolated from reality, eccentric and nihilistic. Highly unstable and fearful of aggressions: they reject and repulse others and all social attachments.

That, especially the bolded part, is a really good description of me when facing my depression. A much better description than any of the 6s. It's just that I cling to what I have, because I'm terrified of being isolated from reality and I want to be grounded, even by people (though only very specific people...okay, person), so that I don't fall into true isolation.

It's not that I'm a 6, its that I'm a 5 at unhealthy levels, with the fear of aggressions being very very visible.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 3:23 pm

Type 5 (the Investigator) with balanced wings - which helps with flying :lol:

It also says that I have a Self-preservation instinct, which is definitely true.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2011, 7:18 pm

Tuttle wrote:
Actually, reading more, there's no question that I'm 5 with a 6 wing in my mind. It's just that I'm 5 with a 6 wing that's at level 7 currently

Quote:
Become reclusive and isolated from reality, eccentric and nihilistic. Highly unstable and fearful of aggressions: they reject and repulse others and all social attachments.

That, especially the bolded part, is a really good description of me when facing my depression. A much better description than any of the 6s. It's just that I cling to what I have, because I'm terrified of being isolated from reality and I want to be grounded, even by people (though only very specific people...okay, person), so that I don't fall into true isolation.

It's not that I'm a 6, its that I'm a 5 at unhealthy levels, with the fear of aggressions being very very visible.

When I first started learning about it, all the wings, and different "levels of healthiness" seemed really confusing. I find it interesting how within the personality subtype, there is such a spectrum of behaviors and feelings. For me anyway, they are all quite accurate.

I'm a five with a six wing as well (I think I thought I was a four wing before, but realized I was a six wing). Right now I'm also at a 7 on the scale.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 1:21 am

I am type 5 with a 4 wing.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

30 Aug 2011, 4:26 am

The last time I took this it told me I was 5 with perfectly balanced 4 and 6.

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 7:17 am

Type 5 with wing 6.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 9:50 am

i'm a 9] peacemaking [5] investigator.