The Indigo, Crystal, Rainbow and Star Children

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

It's like a horoscope--it's so vague anybody could put their kid into that box. Sure, one or two things don't fit but the description as a whole is spot on... for everyone.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 1:19 pm

Rasta wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvg4HJcHbcs[/youtube]

Indigo Adult Characteristics - Maya-21-2012

What.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 1:22 pm

Callista wrote:
It's like a horoscope--it's so vague anybody could put their kid into that box. Sure, one or two things don't fit but the description as a whole is spot on... for everyone.

to be frank, it's no more rediculous than Christianity.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 1:39 pm

This is a great video. I see a lot of myself in those messages. :)

quietbird
Raven
Raven

11 Jul 2011, 1:40 pm

Ugh, total garbage.

I had some people try to tell me that I was one of those kids back in the 80s. I remember going to their house and doing these weird things with colored sheets of plastic and stuff.

I even remember telling them (when I was 9) that the color of something against my skin in the dark couldn't possibly have an effect on me due to there being no light to reflect off of the material.

Seriously, garbage.

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

Rasta wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
May as well warn you, but you will likely get a pretty skeptical response to this. These things are too imprecise for the tastes of many on the spectrum.

I would rather call myself a Indigo kid, than an ass-burger. In my opinion the worst name of a behavioral disorder I've ever heard. :P

It's not "ass-burgers" -- a "b" is not a "p" - it's named for it's discoverer, it wasn't some arbitrary name. People who actually have it will pronounce it "aus-pergur" or "aus-perjer" ... obviously not "ass-burger." People with autism have literal minds, so pronouncing it "ass-burger" is actually unpleasant visually in the mind.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

The history of psychiatry is disturbing itself.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

Jellybean wrote:
It's just a pointless label parents of 'odd' kids give to their children because they can't face up to the reality that there is something wrong with their kid. The majority of these children have been diagnosed by professionals as having AD/HD or autistic spectrum disorders. That's the truth and they just can't accept it.

You beat me to it.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

Well, at least it's a more positive way to look at the spectrum... if you don't need an official label to get services, I see not reason you can't call yourself Indigo, Rainbow or Major Tom. It's just a perspective change and just another label - albeit a label from a much kinder POV.

I think I'm more of a chartreuse though...

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
The history of psychiatry is disturbing itself.

You do have a point there.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

Nice music. Okay pictures. Irritating words.

Any belief system that works towards a peaceful world is good in my opinion. But, if it's all about using children to make money, then I'm against it.

This article is worth reading: Indigo: The color of money

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

Christ complex much?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 12:23 am

draelynn wrote:
Well, at least it's a more positive way to look at the spectrum... if you don't need an official label to get services, I see not reason you can't call yourself Indigo, Rainbow or Major Tom. It's just a perspective change and just another label - albeit a label from a much kinder POV.

I think I'm more of a chartreuse though...

Did they get Major Tom from the Bowie song?

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 1:14 am

Phonic wrote:
Callista wrote:

to be frank, it's no more rediculous than Christianity.
I would appreciate it if you would respect my faith and not call it "ridiculous".

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

agent000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2011, 1:42 am

I understand people not wanting to believe things that sound all "fluffy bunny" and such and don't fit in with the individual's belief system, and I respect that, but Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow children are from a different religion, and should be treated as such. People are not allowed to bash other people's religion on this forum, and I would appreciate people not bashing this just because they don't personally understand it or believe it themselves. Debate it all you want. That's what this forum is for. But saying it's "crap" or something similar is downright rude and violates the site rules. Please don't do that to the people here. It's inconsiderate.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 1:49 am

agent000 wrote:
I understand people not wanting to believe things that sound all "fluffy bunny" and such and don't fit in with the individual's belief system, and I respect that, but Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow children are from a different religion, and should be treated as such. People are not allowed to bash other people's religion on this forum, and I would appreciate people not bashing this just because they don't personally understand it or believe it themselves. Debate it all you want. That's what this forum is for. But saying it's "crap" or something similar is downright rude and violates the site rules. Please don't do that to the people here. It's inconsiderate.

I don't see why any belief system should deserve any special protections at all.

Anyway, the forum rules state:

Quote:
Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable