Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Digit lengths?
I have classic autism and my index finger is longer than my ring finger 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
I have classic autism and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
I have classic autism and my index finger is about the same length as my ring finger 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
I have aspergers and my index finger is longer than my ring finger 12%  12%  [ 20 ]
I have aspergers and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger 30%  30%  [ 52 ]
I have aspergers and my index finger is about the same length as my ring finger 15%  15%  [ 25 ]
I have pddnos and my index finger is longer than my ring finger 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have pddnos and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
I have pddnos and my index finger is about the same length as my ring finger 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
I am self-dx or suspect I am on the spectrum and my index finger is longer than my ring finger 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
I am self-dx or suspect I am on the spectrum and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger 23%  23%  [ 40 ]
I am self-dx or suspect I am on the spectrum and my index finger is about the same length as my ring finger 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
I am nt and my index finger is longer than my ring finger 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
I am nt and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
I am nt and my index finger is about the same length as my ring finger 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 172

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 11:55 am

I have aspergers and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger.
Male.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

Dx Aspergers, female. Ring finger is longer.

Parasol
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 5:58 pm

My index fingers are longer than my ring fingers. I also have ASD.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2012, 9:30 pm

I am female. 99% sure I have Asperger's, but not formally diagnosed. Definitely heterosexual, but I've been a tomboy almost from infancy. I would not consider myself an "alpha female" either, I'm far too introverted for that. Scored highest on visual math on most online tests. My ring finger is also noticeably longer than my index on both hands.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2018, 4:03 pm

Now here I am necroposting, let's hope this doesn't earn me a ban... (it probably won't)

I have an extremely unusual digit ratio. On my left hand, I have a digit ratio of ~0.91, very masculine. However, on my right hand, my digit ratio is ~0.99, making that a woman's hand. I am said to have weak Asperger's.

Now what could such a huge difference in digit ratios possibly mean?? Am I half Asperger's, half NT? Am I half a man, half a woman? Or did my right hand not respond to testosterone for some weird reason?

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2018, 10:05 pm

That IS interesting.

This is probably an off-the-wall theory, but are you by chance a chimera?

ETA: Looking back over the thread I wonder about Moonpenny as well. It can have a unilateral presentation. If you look at chimerism in cats you can see some extreme examples.

I heard about such studies years ago (and I see that this thread is 6 years old). It would be interesting to know what, if any conclusions were drawn.

Necroposting isn't always bad. There might be more conclusive evidence now that time has passed and it's a topic worth revisiting.

I'm female and heterosexual with Asperger's and my ring finger is just barely longer than my index finger. Maybe a couple of millimeters. Thus I answered "about the same."

My understanding is that the longer ring finger is much more closely correlated to AS / ASD in men than in women if memory serves.

- Joanne M. Harris, The Testament of Loki

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 10:32 am

I have aspergers and my index finger is shorter than my ring finger

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 11:12 am

Male with Aspergers; my index fingers are noticeably longer than my ring fingers on both hands.

Something else which I have noticed is that the endomorphic men that I've known (like me, long boned, narrow shoulders and hips - "lanky") seem more likely to have longer index fingers. That's only anecdotal, of course, I have no idea whether there is a researched correlation.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 11:22 am

I'm a female with Asperger's and my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 11:39 am

Both my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers :)

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2018, 6:15 pm

Serpentine wrote:
That IS interesting.

This is probably an off-the-wall theory, but are you by chance a chimera?

ETA: Looking back over the thread I wonder about Moonpenny as well. It can have a unilateral presentation. If you look at chimerism in cats you can see some extreme examples.

I heard about such studies years ago (and I see that this thread is 6 years old). It would be interesting to know what, if any conclusions were drawn.

Necroposting isn't always bad. There might be more conclusive evidence now that time has passed and it's a topic worth revisiting.

I'm female and heterosexual with Asperger's and my ring finger is just barely longer than my index finger. Maybe a couple of millimeters. Thus I answered "about the same."

My understanding is that the longer ring finger is much more closely correlated to AS / ASD in men than in women if memory serves.

Whatever's causing my fingers to be so whacko, it does mean that I can't vote in the poll :(

I did a little more reading on the topic you suggested, and it is possible that I am actually two people. In addition to my funny digit ratios, there are a couple other differences between my two hands:
*I can easily touch my left shoulderblade with my right hand. I can't even come close with my left.
*My hands have rather dissimilar fingerprints. Sure, the overall pattern is the same, but I can tell the difference very easily upon looking just a little closer.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 10:15 am

TheAP wrote:
I'm a female with Asperger's and my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers.

It's the same for me.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2018, 2:51 pm

I haven't measured it, but my fingers look about the same length. My index finger on my right hand actually curls slightly to the right (is it supposed to do that?), but I think it may be very slightly longer than my ring finger by one or two mm, maybe more, maybe less.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 3:09 am

Mythos wrote:
My index finger on my right hand actually curls slightly to the right (is it supposed to do that?)
I don't think most do, but mine does too, and the left one a little to the left.
If I put another finger under the index fingers and very gently moves it, I can almost straighten it out, but curls again when I let go.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2018, 9:48 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Mythos wrote:
My index finger on my right hand actually curls slightly to the right (is it supposed to do that?)
I don't think most do, but mine does too, and the left one a little to the left.
If I put another finger under the index fingers and very gently moves it, I can almost straighten it out, but curls again when I let go.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was just hoping it wasn't some early onset arthritis or something like that.

Purpledragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2018, 7:41 am

I'm a female currently undergoing assessment for asperger and my ring finger is noticeably longer than my index finger on both hands.