Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 7:58 am

I am not a hundred percent sure if i am a perfectionist nowadays? What i do believe though is being a perfectionist is a sure way too live a misrable life.

I admit i dislike 'change' or when things don't stay the same.

I am not sure if its a real problem for me or not? :(

Unseen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2012, 8:02 am

Perfectionism can a horrible curse, indeed.

It can make me repeat certain things several times, just because I didn't do them "right" the first time. This is not only annoying, but it also wastes precious time. But I just have to do it, to calm down that constant internal nagging.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:08 am

I am so scared that its going too ruin my life

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:18 am

I missed on so many activities because of my perfectionism. For example, in baseball I was TERRIFIED of making an error and was fortunate enough not to make a single one in my final season..... because I never put myself in any situation where I had any reasonable chance of making one.

Even when I'm playing hockey, anything less than a perfect game and I go into a tantrum. People tell me all the time to relax but if it was that easy I wouldn't #@%$#@$ do it!

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 9:10 am

When I was in grade school, my perfectionism tended to get in the way of deadlines. I just couldn't turn in something I felt was less than the best effort. I'm still like this in many respects but now I make sure to complete something before it's due so I can have more time to review and add anything. Fortunately it's relegated to specific areas of my life.