Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

byakuugan
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2011, 12:59 pm

I had a police encounter around 2am this morning. I could've been arrested for public intoxication and/or public nudity, but luckily they directly asked me if I had any disabilities, so I told them I was autistic.
I don't remember it very well, I just remember that I didn't have any weed, so I decided to drink some strong alcohol, then........ I don't know how I ended up 3 blocks away from my house and with no clothes, but the police understood, and said that I wouldn't be arrested if someone could come and pick me up. I remember they let me get some shorts from my house before my aunt came and picked me up. The police were very polite to me the whole time, and were even asking questions about chess before they left. I was lucky that they directly asked me if I had any disabilities. I'd hate to think what would've happened if they hadn't.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 1:04 pm

Oh dear... Yes. Yes, you were very lucky. Those police officers seem like they were really on the ball. Somebody must've given them a good rundown on disability.

How much had you had to drink, exactly? It seems like maybe you had better figure out how much you can drink before you start to lose your ability to make good decisions, and stay below that amount. An NT might simply get giggly and maybe come on to someone they wouldn't normally be attracted to; but if you're autistic and alcohol lowers your inhibitions the exact same amount, you might just be tempted to take off those uncomfortable clothes, like you probably did when you were little.

Take this as a lucky warning about what effect alcohol can have on you. If you have trouble stopping at a certain level, then don't drink alone, and always drink with a friend who knows what your limit is and can put away the beer (or whatever) before you drink enough that taking off your clothes seems like a good idea.

BTW: Regarding weed. You should know that most police absolutely overreact to your smoking weed. I'm not going to preach at you for it, because as far as drugs go it's pretty harmless, but you have to remember that a drug conviction on your record can really, really ruin your life. I highly recommend not smoking weed until your area has made it legal, or at least reduced possession of small amounts to a misdemeanor or civil offense.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

I would second Callista's suggestions. Apparently, you drank too much. You came off very lucky with just getting sent home. I'm actually surprised they even let you off the hook because of autism.

Just make sure you know your limit and don't cross it.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

byakuugan
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

I don't remember how much I drank, but I would estimate it was about the alcohol equivalent of a 12-pack. I don't drink alcohol or coffee when I have weed, and probably never will again once my SSI starts coming in a couple days.
And I live in California so nobody cares about weed here. The time I got caught smoking it in public, the cop didn't even ask me if I had a recommendation, he just told me not to smoke it in public.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 8:32 pm

Wow... yeah, a 12-pack is too much.

Here's what I suggest: Just don't buy more than what you know is a safe amount for you to drink at once. That way, if you drink everything in the house, you still won't be in danger.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Aug 2011, 12:41 am

stop drinking stay in your house.