Page 5 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 5:45 am

I'm kinda unsure at the moment. I've been asexual for quite some time but recently things have been changing alot for me. I still worry about being in a relationship though because they can get a bit complicated. I don't really know what being in a proper relationship is like, or what "love" feels like for that matter.

KeitaroKun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2011, 6:06 am

Jonsi wrote:
I have AS and I'm asexual. I don't think my asexuality is a result of my autism though. Asexuality is simply all I've ever known. I have no idea what a sexual urge or what being 'horny' feels like. It just feels like it's just me.

You poor soul... :(

No, I'm not asexual... Far from it... In fact, if anyone says something explicit about a woman (Esspecially one about herself), it gets me really excited.

And that's what frustrates the hell out of me. I want a girlfriend, and I want to have sex (I want to love them too, of course, and I want them to love me for who I am), but I get extremely depressed thinking that nobody will ever be able to appreciate me.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 8:29 am

Callista wrote:
Oh, I can totally feel asthetic attraction to somebody. I'll look at them and go, "Wow, that person's beautiful," but it's not like I want to drag them to bed. They're just nice to look at, that's all.

That's exactly the way I feel. Some people are prettier than others, but I don't have a desire to have sex with anyone. I have always been like that all of my life. I find it strange that people have such a difficult time understanding asexuality.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 10:30 am

jackbus01 wrote:
Callista wrote:
Oh, I can totally feel asthetic attraction to somebody. I'll look at them and go, "Wow, that person's beautiful," but it's not like I want to drag them to bed. They're just nice to look at, that's all.

That's exactly the way I feel. Some people are prettier than others, but I don't have a desire to have sex with anyone. I have always been like that all of my life. I find it strange that people have such a difficult time understanding asexuality.

That is me too. I can appreciate aesthetic beauty in someone, but it doesn't further than that. I've always had a hellish time trying to explain that to people. They assume I'm just being modest.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

Didn't read any of the other responses so don't know if anyone mentioned this already.

I don't think Asexuality has anything to do with Autism. Not directly anyway. But...

I do think Asexuality CAN be indirectly related. It's kind of hard to establish a sexual relationship with anyone if your communications skills suck horribly.

It's not that uncommon for people who can't manage to establish something they want in life long enough, to convince themselves they don't want it anyway. I suspect being Asexual can begin as a non-choice, and become a conscious choice. Of course I'm sure there are quite a few who choose from the beginning, or simply don't have any interest in sex. I highly suspect that's pretty rare though.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

11 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

KeitaroKun wrote:

Why is it whenever asexuality is discussed, someone has to express pity toward another who is asexual?

I'm asexual, I've had the sex in the past. Not all that great.

Noop
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm

Verdandi wrote:
KeitaroKun wrote:

Why is it whenever asexuality is discussed, someone has to express pity toward another who is asexual?

I'm asexual, I've had the sex in the past. Not all that great.

It's a bit like when people tell me about the joys of a well cooked steak. As nice as its 'meaty goodness' may be for them, it really doesn't appeal to me.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2011, 2:25 pm

jackbus01 wrote:
peaceloveerin wrote:
Does anyone feel asexual due to SSRI medications for anxiety and depression? I've heard they can lower your sex drive quite a bit, so maybe this is why I'm asexual but I honestly feel its the way I am by nature.

Are you attracted to men or women when you do have a sex drive? That might answer your question. SSRIs can lower your libido but they will not change your sexual orientation (nothing can).

I'm physically attracted to men, but not sexually.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

syrella wrote:
jackbus01 wrote:
Callista wrote:

That is me too. I can appreciate aesthetic beauty in someone, but it doesn't further than that. I've always had a hellish time trying to explain that to people. They assume I'm just being modest.

I honestly do not understand the concept of aesthetic beauty. At least not in humans. I can see the beauty in a shiny new Porsche, or the perfectly symmetrical F-22 raptor, but I don't feel attracted to "beautiful" humans. The more "hot" a woman looks, the more turned off I am. It just seems kinda fake to me to see a perfect looking human. Looks mean nothing to me.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

I'm another person who doesn't understand aesthetic beauty or physical attractiveness. I don't look at people and see that they're good looking. People are just people.

For me someone looking attractive is whether or not they look like themselves. Even the idea of aesthetic beauty is dependent on a close emotional connection.

I guess I'm just very demisexual?

Noop
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

Tuttle wrote:
I'm another person who doesn't understand aesthetic beauty or physical attractiveness. I don't look at people and see that they're good looking. People are just people.

For me someone looking attractive is whether or not they look like themselves. Even the idea of aesthetic beauty is dependent on a close emotional connection.

I guess I'm just very demisexual?

I'm sort of similar. I'm not one of those people who can become attracted to someone as soon as I see them. Even if I don't know them directly, I have to know a bit about what they're like and that's when the attraction begins.

That being said however, I can definitely admire the way in which a suit can flatter a man's frame.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

I don't know that I am asexual, but I think sex is gross, ineffective pleasure-wise, and unnecessary unless you are trying to have kids. I do identify as a lesbian because I do find women nice to look at, but haven't had sex with a girl for 6 years and about 4-5 months, and haven't had sex with a guy for ten years september 30th this year.

sex is way too overrated. besides there is nothing a man or woman could do to me that I can't do to myself and avoid the whole relationship aspect of sex.

Noop
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

dopplercb wrote:
I don't know that I am asexual, but I think sex is gross, ineffective pleasure-wise, and unnecessary unless you are trying to have kids. I do identify as a lesbian because I do find women nice to look at, but haven't had sex with a girl for 6 years and about 4-5 months, and haven't had sex with a guy for ten years september 30th this year.

sex is way too overrated. besides there is nothing a man or woman could do to me that I can't do to myself and avoid the whole relationship aspect of sex.

I think the main criteria for being asexual is not feeling sexual attraction towards someone isn't it? I suppose if you don't feel that, you're probably asexual.

Jessicella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Feb 2013, 2:35 pm

It makes sense that asexuality and autism/aspergers go hand in hand. I think I'm starting feel I am asexual.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 5:58 pm

Callista wrote:
I have to stress here that asexual just means "Does not want to have sex with other people."

I... don't agree with this. I don't think classifying peoples' sexuality based on their desire to have sexual intercourse makes sense. The vast majority of people have sexual feelings long before they first learn about sex... are they asexual? When I first learned about sex I didn't really find the idea to be very appealing, and never had a desire for the act itself, though I felt a strong attraction to girls. Was I asexual then?

My point is that people can be sexual without wanting sex.

Now, speaking of sexuality, it seems my sex drive has really dropped of a cliff this past year or two, and I'm only 16. It might possibly be a side effect of changing drugs and increasing doses of SSRI's.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

26 Feb 2013, 6:04 pm

Yes, and probably autosexual too.

I rotate between straight, auto, pan, and bi.