Do you have favourite pens for particular tasks?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2011, 11:40 pm

For example, a pen for writing on the calendar and another pen for writing in notebooks. I know logically that pens which can write can be used for anything, but for certain things I feel more secure having a specific pen.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 12:16 am

Not, but I have a single favorite pen. Oddly enough, it's a cheap Bic ballpoint.

JohnOldman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2011, 12:19 am

whiterat wrote:
For example, a pen for writing on the calendar and another pen for writing in notebooks. I know logically that pens which can write can be used for anything, but for certain things I feel more secure having a specific pen.

I have favorite writing instruments generally. I go to a lot of trouble to have just the right combination of mechanical pencil, straight-edge and eraser whenever I'm studying. Plus I only buy "the good pens."

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:25 am

I use different colours for different things: black for important stuff (tests, forms), blue for less important stuff (notes, scribblings). It's silly because I don't need to (and know I don't need to) but it just amuses me.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:35 am

i dont have a favourite pen but i do have certain things i use blue and black pens for. i dont use black pens for writing large blocks of text but i do use them for things that i dont like writing about. blue pens are for subjects that make me happy and for writing letters.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

05 Aug 2011, 1:37 am

No, I would be lucky to find A pen.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:49 am

I can't ever seem to find any pen when I need one.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:58 am

SammichEater wrote:
I can't ever seem to find any pen when I need one.

Buy an expensive one. “I bought a seven dollar pen, because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring.” – Mitch Hedberg

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 2:39 am

I have preferred pens for tasks, yeah. It's just that one is better for writing notes; another is better for doing homework; yet another is sturdy enough to dump in my purse and forget about until I need it...

I didn't think it was that odd a thing to do. Pens are made in different styles for different purposes, after all.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 5:23 am

My favourite pen is the one that

A. I can find.

B. Isn't leaking.

I like good quality pens, though, and I prefer black ink.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Godless_lawyer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2011, 6:54 am

My wife bought me a nice pen as a graduation present, and now I don't like using anything else.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 7:06 am

No, but I do have favorite pens as such - one with the figure of Peter Pan attached on the top and the other one, with Tinkerbell on. I used to have other ones I liked, too - one with manga characters on and one which has a pattern of the American flag on but the refills of them are used up so I don't write with them any more (the manga one was disposable, anyway, and as for the flag one I can't find a proper refill which is shorter than an ordinary one) and I keep them in the box, in which I keep various things, my dream journal including.

winterqueen
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Aug 2011, 7:26 am

if i happen to use a pen during my exams, and during that period good things happen, like being emotionally balanced, i tend to use it all the time, anyway, i dont have various writing activities, like i never write anything but college notes, i always thought that the pen had some sort of effect on my focusing abilities , lol

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

Artros wrote:
I use different colours for different things: black for important stuff (tests, forms), blue for less important stuff (notes, scribblings). It's silly because I don't need to (and know I don't need to) but it just amuses me.

For things I don't have to submit to a teacher or boss, I use pink ink to write about things I particularly like/look forward to.

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

My favourite pens are definitely the ones made by Lamy. I've three fountain pens: silver, blue and yellow; a black rollerball; and now a propelling pencil as well. I love the shape and feel of them. I also love my two italic Rotring calligraphy pens (don't think they are made any longer), and I have three beautiful Waterman tortoiseshell enamel pens, one green fountain pen, one blue fountain pen, and one rollerball.

Favourite ink colour in some way relates to the background colour of the paper being used: I find average ink pretty insipid, but the range of colours in my ink drawer includes ebony, three shades of blue, emerald, red, purple, plum and brown.

And this isn't anywhere remotely near to the area of my obsessive interest! I think I might be Aspie..... :)

reddreadred
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2011, 6:39 pm

Ah! Fountain pens are one of my interests, too. I keep two Lamy 2000s (EF and M nibs), a Lamy Safari, and a Pilot Vanishing Point in my pocket at all times along with a reporter notebook.