Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Australien
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2011, 5:37 pm

My job is pretty good - when I'm actually allowed to do it. Management seem to be of the view that it's totally acceptable and desirable to try and measure the immeasurable with meaningless metrics, so we now we have 8 different systems (I counted) for documenting work and accounting for time spent on work. My obsessive need to keep them in sync in order to have mental peace and the knowledge that I can't possibly do so while actually getting work done causes me immense stress that gets me close to panic attack stage.

Do any of you have this? How do you deal with it? I would build my own system to fix it but they won't let me :(

ezekiel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2011, 6:53 pm

That's even more places to enter time than I have seen. Usually it stops around 3 or 4. Whoa.

In those situations, I usually tried to find a procedure for updating them all in sync. Or, maybe keeping track on a post-it note then entering the data all at once, one system after another. There is no way I could be bouncing around between 8 systems.

Maybe another idea is if they are on the computer and used a lot, leave all the windows open behind the windows you actually do the work in. Or arrange all the icons on the desktop next to each other.

Maybe update things at certain fixed times of the day, if possible. Be creative as possible.

I believe the way to make the best of autism spectrum disorders is to find ways to cope while in the NT's world. The rest of the time, find ways to be serene, relaxed, and recover.

I hope you figure this out.