Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

So, because I'm nosey... what pets do you have? What are their personalities like? What pets do you /want/ to have, any why?

I have a dog and some rats. When I'm older and have the money and space I hope to continue my rat ownership, get two ferrets, two sugar gliders, a cat and a gecko.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

I'm living with my parents along with their two chihuahuas and a cat. In the past I've had dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, fish, and a turtle. The hamsters, mice, and turtle were the best. You have the companionship of a pet without the fuss of going on walks or the horrific s**t that cats do on a daily basis. (Cat owners will know what I'm talking about.) You don't need to pay a pet deposit for them in an apartment, and cleanup is relatively easy.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

Jory wrote:
I'm living with my parents along with their two chihuahuas and a cat. In the past I've had dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, fish, and a turtle. The hamsters, mice, and turtle were the best. You have the companionship of a pet without the fuss of going on walks or the horrific sh** that cats do on a daily basis. (Cat owners will know what I'm talking about.) You don't need to pay a pet deposit for them in an apartment, and cleanup is relatively easy.

What's wrong with cats, if I can ask? I absolutely adore them and would like to own one sometime, but now I'm slightly scared!

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

We have two American Bulldogs one male one female named Otis and Matilda.

Here's matilda

Here's Matilda with her 4 pups

[img][800:684]http://i.imgur.com/IRdqE.jpg[/img]

Here's Otis being pissed at being photographed

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 11:44 pm

kittie wrote:
What's wrong with cats, if I can ask? I absolutely adore them and would like to own one sometime, but now I'm slightly scared!

Cats can be amazingly loving animals, but they can also make you want to see how far you can kick them. Every morning, they wake up and make a list of ways to piss off their owners. If there's something on a table or ledge that would cause you great annoyance if it were knocked onto the floor, like a potted plant or a glass of soda or a fragile vase, they'll seek it out and knock it over. If there are thin wires lying around, like those used for headphones or cell phone chargers, they'll seek them out and chew through them. They'll use carpets and furniture upholstery to sharpen their claws, even if you buy them a scratching post. They'll go out of their way to spill as much cat litter as possible all over the floor every time they exit their litter boxes. They'll try to run outside every time you open the front door. Be prepared to deal with all this BS if you want a cat.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 12:25 am

With me at my apartment: My miniature poodle, Kiki. I've had her for 8 years. She's the smartest dog I know. I occasionally do dog shows with her.
My guinea pigs Felix and Oscar. Felix is friendly and loves to cuddle. Oscar is too active to want to cuddle and he quickly learned that the quickest way to get put back in his pen is to bite my hand :roll:

At my parents' house: My collie mix, Skipper I've had him for 11 years. He's a very active senior, he likes to patrol the 15 acre property.
The cat. Her name is Molly, but I'm the only one who remembers that so everyone just calls her Miss Kitty. She's an outdoor cat. She catches mice and such.
My goat herd. There are 22 of them right now. Bob, Jim, Bruno, Will, Coal/Cole, Simba (I didn't name him), Lucky, Melanie, Missy, Aly, Sarah, Jill, Annie, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sally, Rosa, Lucy, Heather, Kim, Myca, and McKenzie. I could write a paragraph about each of them, but I don't think anyone has the patience to read that.

I want: a pair of female llamas, a pair of female chinchillas, a few chickens. And of course more of all the kinds of animals I already own.

FearOfMusic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 12:52 am

I really want a dog. My family always had a dog growing up and for a while I thought of our family dog as like my best friend or something. I want a some sort of labrador retriever I think.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 12:59 am

I have a black and white longhaired cat named Miss Kitty. She's 10 years old. I love her very much, and she is very attached to me. When most people attempt to pet her, she will either scratch them or run away. But she lets me pet her, hold her and cuddle with her (that's her favorite). I very rarely get scratched.

Miss Kitty has mood swings - one minute she will be very loving and happy, and the next she will be irritated and not want to be touched. She spends the majority of her time sleeping, but she also enjoys going outside to catch and eat bugs. She also enjoys eating the spearmint in my neighbor's garden. She will eat almost anything that's put in front of her. She even begs at the dinner table! I admit that I have overfed her and now she's obese. Many people compare her to a badger due to her size, shape and coloration.

Miss Kitty absolutely detests dogs and other cats, which is why she is our only pet. Strangely enough, she likes the squirrels that come into our yard and alerts us when they want to be fed peanuts. Miss Kitty also alerts me if a stranger comes around to the house.

When Miss Kitty dies, I'm going to get another cat. I will not get a kitten though, as they are too much responsibility. I would prefer to adopt a fully-grown cat from the shelter. I am a huge advocate for adopting shelter cats due to a very positive experience I had when I was a child.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 4:03 am

A cat and a bearded dragon. I want to move to South Africa or the UK soley so I can have a meerkat. If not, I want to get a tiger because people will think twice about harassing someone with a tiger on the other end of the leash. Perhaps a liger (tiger lion hybred) becuase they never stop growing and make Great Danes look like chihuahuas. Anyone with sence would even think twice about thinking about messing with me.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 4:08 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
A cat and a bearded dragon. I want to move to South Africa or the UK soley so I can have a meerkat. If not, I want to get a tiger because people will think twice about harassing someone with a tiger on the other end of the leash. Perhaps a liger (tiger lion hybred) becuase they never stop growing and make Great Danes look like chihuahuas. Anyone with sence would even think twice about thinking about messing with me.

What is being a cat owner like - are they affectionate, how about high-maintinance?

Just I'm highly considering getting one and would love opinions. :D

Australien
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2011, 4:11 am

I may be the odd one out, but I can't imagine ever having a pet. I can barely stand dealing with the mess I make myself, cleaning up after a pet, and its general unpredictability would drive me insane. Besides which, I just don't understand the appeal. It seems like a whole lot of work for a payoff I can't see or comprehend.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 4:51 am

I have a cat called Tigger. She is ginger which is apparently rare for a female cat. She is also half the size of a normal grown cat since she had growth problems and didn't eat enough when she lived with her previous family.

She is just like me, e.g. stays on her own, doesn't like to be touched too much, stays inside a lot. One day I would like to have more cats, but only if I lived on a quiet road. We live on the busiest road in town and a few years ago my old cat Toby (Tigger's son) got hit by a car and died :cry:

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 5:36 am

I have 4 dogs; all of them are rescues. Their names are Missy (lab mix), Belle (deerhound), Zippy (Norwegian Elkhund mix) and Goober (beagle/dachshound mix).

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2011, 6:48 am

Currently have a ragdoll cat, 2 rabbits and a horse.

The cat is better at eye contact than I am. He doesn't claw furniture or break things - he is a laid back indoor cat that just loves me and my OH. However he hates people coming into the house (like me), so we both head for the bedroom to hide if the doorbell rings or someone knocks at the door ! !!

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 7:06 am

Todesking, you're one lucky, lucky so-and-so. :D I want your puppies!

We have 2 westies. A female who is a lump who just wants to eat, sleep in the sun and eat cats. She's not interested in anything else. The male has the dog version of ADHD and AS. :D He never lets up, running round like a loony, barking at anything that encroaches on his space (even clouds that dare to float over his garden). He's completely obsessed with his routines. He won't even take a bisuit off me during the day because biscuits are normally given in the evening. The females tries to initiate play with him, but he doesn't understand her signals and has a meltdown :D

We also have a cat who thinks she's a squirrel. I don't know if this is a characteristic of her breed, she's a Norwegian forest cat. She spends most of her time sleeping in trees in the garden. She has a split personality. Inside she's like a normal cat. You can pet her and pick her up. Outside she turns feral and runs away from us and won't let anyone (including us) with 100ft of her.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 7:25 am

I have a cute dog that's part terrier and part poodle named Chico. I'll post a picture later when I have time. :O)