Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Artfuljin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Aug 2011, 8:07 pm

i was just wondering what it would be like for a aspie in a post apocalyptic setting or in the mist of a disaster. anyone got any ideas? I have not the slightest idea what id do in these circumstances lol.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 8:10 pm

It would be awful. Too much chaos and not enough resources. Yikes!

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 8:11 pm

Assuming they're the only survivors, I think most aspies would enjoy a post apocalyptic world.
No society to tell you you what is acceptable and what isn't, no people around to violate your personal space, and plenty of peace and quiet.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm

I would probably commit sucide.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Aug 2011, 11:57 pm

To think of the potential the world would have then... Sorry, I'm being optimistic again. :roll:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 9:37 pm

First stop, walmart 8)

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 10:02 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
To think of the potential the world would have then... Sorry, I'm being optimistic again. :roll:

Potential? We would lose thousands of years of technological advancements if such an event were to happen. We would have to start civilization all over again. That only gives potential to screw up even more.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Aug 2011, 10:24 pm

SammichEater wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Potential? We would lose thousands of years of technological advancements if such an event were to happen. We would have to start civilization all over again. That only gives potential to screw up even more.

Maybe I should say this louder (or more bold).

I'm being optimistic again.

Of course we would lose all that, but that gives us a clean slate to start from, Sammich. And with our minds combined, we can achieve something great.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 10:38 pm

I interpreted your eye rolling emoticon as an indication of sarcasm. If that is correct, that would make sense, as this would mean that your current view of society would be a pessimistic one (which, I agree with :wink:). Not that being pessimistic is bad by any means, and I think this is a clear example of it's benefits.

But, as I was saying, while we would have a clean slate to start from, there's still just as much room for error. While it's true that we could do a lot better, we could also do much worse. It's most likely best to stick with improving what has already been established for us.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 10:41 pm

Fair enough, Sammich.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Aug 2011, 10:47 pm

In some ways it would potentially be annoying, perhaps nothing 'deep' to do, but I suspect the benefits would outweigh it.. and doing 'deep' things is only so fun, anyway.. I think not being surrounded by society would easily offset any annoyance at not receiving the minor amount of stuff society has that still seems interesting to me..

The issue then is, what sort of apocalypse are we talking about.. if everyone else just disappears, that sounds good to me.. scientifically there isn't really any precedent for this, but, eh, science, is science really all that much fun anyway? No. Science is slow and unbearably skeptical. Everyone goes to heaven. We all win.