Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

henix
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2011, 7:57 am

Just for fun! He was a character in Lost series, in case you haven't watched it, ignore this topic. ;-)

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 8:13 am

All I know is whoever played him deserves an award. He was the most relatable character on there.

Oh I didn't answer your question did I. I didn't find him any more Aspieish than the other characters on there but then again my basis for judging people as Aspieish is myself and I'm not a scheming villain/assassin. Actually all the characters on Lost were brought down to their most basic animalistic selves being as it was about the creation of a society from scratch and social niceties were useless in that environment, it was action and action alone that mattered. So they were all kind of Aspieish in that way in my opinion. Not to equate Aspies with animals. I use the word animalistic a lot to refer to impulses behind social masks.

Nil_Nil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2011, 8:44 am

Could be, but why limit his behavior to just one thing. I think those Daddy issues were kinda influential in his decision making. Anyway, great character.

henix
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Meanwhile, I found this: http://www.avclub.com/articles/amazing- ... ugs,51768/
He acts as an aspie in this movie!

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 9:44 am

Wow henix! You're onto something then! I'll have to see this movie! On a related note I watched Lars and the Real Girl again last night cause my sister hadn't seen it. (really Aspieish character but he also has something else going on what with treating a plastic doll as a human. But so does Ben Linus have something else going on.)

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

He seemed to be way too good at manipulating people to have Aspergers.

If any character on the show was Aspy, it was Daniel Faraday, though he reinforces the annoying stereotype that we're all math and science whizzes :x