Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 9:00 am

Where's the evidence for psychic ability or paranormal events?

I've received no PMs in response to my challenge.

The fakers must know they have nothing to offer ... nothing other than an endless supply of words ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ActingUpAgain
Raven
Raven

22 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

Glad my topic has spurred conversation!

At a glance from the responses, it doesn't look like Aspergers and psychic experiences are tied to one another.

And Fnord - I telepathically sent my response to you. If you didn't get it, maybe you're not psychic. :lol:

Io
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
I therefore have a reasonable doubt that anyone has ever had a paranormal or psychic experience.

I therefore have a reasonable doubt anybody gives a crap.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
3) You must respond via Private Message (PM). I will not acknowledge public posts...

Still no PMs in response to my Challenge. Either psychics can't follow instructions; they don't want to follow instructions; or there are no psychics to follow the instructions in the first place.

And I had such high hopes ... :cry: ... not ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

Can someone describe one of their psychic experiences?

I once had a dream that my grandmother died and her spirit came to say goodbye to me, and this took place on the night that she died, unexpectedly.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 9:40 pm

Surfman wrote:
Dear Fnord

For those that know, no explanation is neccessary
For those that dont
None are possible

I feel for your dumbfounded responses, in time you may open a door.

Have you ever tried to explain something to someone who was closed off? Like sadaspie and women??

There are more things.... Horatio....

I hope you're an atheist, because it will make it so ironic when I point out that this entire comment, without changing a single word, could be used to defend the existence of God.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 9:40 pm

Io wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I therefore have a reasonable doubt that anyone has ever had a paranormal or psychic experience.

I therefore have a reasonable doubt anybody gives a crap.

As compelling as your argument is, I don't believe it demonstrates psychic ability to exist.

Io

23 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

Burzum wrote:
As compelling as your argument is, I don't believe it demonstrates psychic ability to exist.

I don't care if psychic experiences exist. Just thought it was funny how this guy really believes random people on the internet value his approval so much. :D

As if these other people are actually sitting there thinking "hey I experienced this paranormal stuff first-hand, but that will all mean nothing unless I manage to prove it to this one random guy on the internets!! OH NOES!! !"

:lol: :lol:

seekingtruth
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

My 6 year old son is an Aspie. He's able to read my mind in ways that I've noticed by answering a question I was thinking in my head or suddenly talking about an email I was writing or talking about characters in a novel I was reading. No I don't read aloud when I email or read a novel, lol. First time I couldn't ignore it was when a woman in a novel poisoned a man, my son was 3 and he was talking about poisoning a man for days.

He says things all the time that are way beyond his age (for understanding) about other people and they are correct, which is fun for adults they usually enjoy it, but other children are starting to get uncomfortable with it.

But what I'm wondering if anyone has information about is an Aspie seeing spirits? My son has been seeing what he's called "The Noisey Kids" in his room since he was 9 months old. At first he was so terrified that he would just scream and point and refuse to go into his room. Then as he started getting more used to them he would look up as if they were entering his room and sit on my lap trembling (ages 1 through 3). When he was 3 he started playing with them as a child would invisible friends during the day but still wouldn't want to be alone at night.

One day he really freaked me out when he was 'talking' to his invisible playmates and he suddenly jumped up and shouted at one of them "Auschwitz, Auschwitz, what is this auschwitz you keep talking about?" We had not allowed him to watch anything about the holocaust as some of you may suspect, I've always been careful about what he's exposed to.

Now he talks to one on a regular basis, and takes him to school with him for comfort as his Aspies makes school difficult and uncomfortable for him, his 'friend' is there for support.

So anyone else have or know anyone with Aspie's who so clearly see's spirits? And if so anyone have advice for me on how to help my son deal with this. He also see's faces and 'people' he doesn't know and gets terrified but it's usually away from our home now. At home I felt there was nothing to lose by stating out loud "Stop scaring my son" and it seems to be only friendly one's that he doesn't mind hanging around.

6 years of this has made me believe there is something to this.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

ActingUpAgain wrote:
My wife is highly empathic, and has experienced and dealt with many psychic experiences. By psychic experiences, I actually mean a lot of paranormal occurrences. Some examples, seeing ghosts, having out of body experiences, seeing auras, getting sensory reading of places, and so much more.

I, however, have never experienced these sensations. She has noticed that she never has an experience around me, and that anytime I walk into a room where she's having an experience, it dissipates. An example of what I mean - she's helped friends with a spiritual cleansing, and I've had to stay out of the room otherwise it's unsuccessful.

Her comparison - if psychic energy is electricity, then I'm a grounding wire. Since being an Aspie means a difference in empathy from NTs, I have to wonder if this is part of it?

What are your experiences? Do you have any, or are as "psychic-blind" as I am?

(Note: It's also ok to say "I've don't believe in that stuff" if you like, but I'm primarily interested in the thoughts of those that consider that this phenomena exists.)

It depends on your strengths and weaknesses as an aspie. I would think heighten senses and strong internal empathic affect along with synesthesia could produce psychic experiences in aspies.

I'm a firm believer in we have just seen the tip of the iceberg in what people especially on the spectrum can do. Listen, we do NOT know all of what these young children and old veterans can do.

Short Answer: Hell Yeah, I believe in psychic experiences.

TheSunAlsoRises

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

I don't believe in paranormal 8)

DreamSofa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

The closest I've ever come to a psychic experience is thinking about someone I've not heard from in a long time only to have them contact me a short time later. I think that that would fall more into the category of fortuitous coincidence than paranormal, though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 4:07 pm

Still no responses to the challenge.

C'mon, people! I'm trying to have an open mind on this. All you have to do is demonstrate your ability by telling me What Is In The Box (link), and we can wrap this up neatly, with the "Psychics" having scored a major victory over me.

seekingtruth
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

AnotherKind wrote:
I don't believe in paranormal 8)

see that's the strangest part for me as I don't either. I believe in reincarnation and therefore people lingering with unfinished business in an inbetween world feels like something people have used to try to explain the unexplained to me. But I do believe our energies expand far beyond our physical bodies and I think some people can tap into that energy sorce stronger than others.

I've been emerged into the Aspie world through my son and clearly see how his thought process is on another level then others not on the spectrum, so I'm now inclined to think he can just see the energy that some of us can't.

I'm actually a Buddhist and study the Dharma and meditation, I've been a part of discussions where there is a belief that the increase in autism is simply due to the human population getting closer to enlightment. Makes me think more on the line of my son seeing 'ghosts' is more of a situation of him having more clarity and being on a different plain then those not on the spectrum. The Buddha actually explained to some of his monk followers that (this is a loose quote, can't remember exact words) "people who are on rebirth's close to enlightment will be extra sensitive to sensory imput and experience" . My son has sensory integration disorder along with Asperger's, how many of you also have heightened sensory input experiences? I've read that it is common for Aspie's to have sensory integration disorder and it's actually the first thing my son was diagnosed with at 15 months old.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2011, 6:55 pm

I'm a Christian, who believes that humans have a body, mind, spirit - similar to the concept of the Trinity.

There is a sort of discipline in the operations of all of the above.

Spiritually speaking, I was raised as the plainest, mainline sort of Baptist. I believe the claims of charismatics are possible, and have occurred. That is how I would pursue the issue of hauntings.

I am of the opinion that the mind may act as a transceiver, which is to say that it can broadcast and receive information. People are receptive in a state of calm, more or less neutral in a state of confusion, and I believe that coincidences may happen in heightened states.

As for what is in the box, you might not have revealed that any such thing exists. Save the money for someone who reveals the truth, without being prompted.

dancing_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2011, 2:13 am

seekingtruth wrote:
My son has been seeing what he's called "The Noisey Kids" in his room since he was 9 months old. At first he was so terrified that he would just scream and point and refuse to go into his room. Then as he started getting more used to them he would look up as if they were entering his room and sit on my lap trembling (ages 1 through 3). When he was 3 he started playing with them as a child would invisible friends during the day but still wouldn't want to be alone at night.

One day he really freaked me out when he was 'talking' to his invisible playmates and he suddenly jumped up and shouted at one of them "Auschwitz, Auschwitz, what is this auschwitz you keep talking about?" We had not allowed him to watch anything about the holocaust as some of you may suspect, I've always been careful about what he's exposed to.

That would freak me out too. Logically, he probably heard it mentioned on the news or at school or something, during the Remembrance Day time period (if you are in Canada or somewhere else that it is observed). However, I remain open to and fascinated by the possibility that the kid actually was seeing some sort of spirit (on the other hand, I also try to be a skeptic, like James Randi, whose million dollar challenge was mentioned earlier in this thread).