Yes 35%  35%  [ 24 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 68

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 7:17 pm

yeah walks do help... but not so much when you're in a relationship and having a less-than-peachy moment.... when, if you can't get away, you're gonna meltdown and probably say something hurtful or too truthy... they don't seem to understand that... i recently left a relationship for that reason; he would never leave me alone if something was wrong or if we were fighting and i knew that an "unproductive moment" would arise if we conitnued our discourse... he always took offense to me moving to the other room or going for walks... he always needed to hug me and make things better right then.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 7:29 pm

I do, and they seem to be getting worse and worse every year. I yell, I scream, I hit, I punch, I kick, I push, and it goes on for hours. It's gotten so bad between my mom and I that our neighbors (that are a whole lot over) actually called over here to see if everything was okay. And the thing is, I don't care where I am or who I'm around. If I'm mad and I can't control myself, I'll just explode. I just wish I knew how to stop. This happens two or three times a week on average. It's really bad.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 8:12 am

I do. When I get them I scream, trash out, insult somebodyseveral times in one sentence and develop these tendencies to be awfully strong.

When they're not as bad though, it mostly goes like a few hours before: I was in a full bus with a friend and I had spot a free place to sit and went there to sit down. I was like: Uh, where is my friend? She didn't follow me and I was annoyed because I had talked the whole way from where we've been standing to that place and it was important. Then, we had to get out and I wanted to tell her to remain in the bus because I wanted to get from the bus the bus stop after that one, but she didn't hear me, just shook her shoulders and I had to follow her out. Then she didn't get what I was saying because she didn't way attention and then I got lout, telling her to f*****g go and get her lunch as quick as possible.

:oops: Had to calm myself down pretty fast because I realised I had been terrribly rude - she didn't mind and didn't took it serious though I think.

But when I argue badly with my mother, it may even go as far as me punching her and all. I don't like it, I hate violence and still, in times that words just totally fail and it's important, I somehow loose it and throw a tantrum.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 8:19 am

I pulled my hubby's hair once 8O . But we were both drunk on whiskey and he had said something particularly crass......

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 7:59 pm

Yes, I still have tantrums, though I like to save a bit of my pride and call them "adult tantrums", hehe. :)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

22 Sep 2006, 8:28 pm

I'm not sure if I had bad tantrums when I was younger, but if I did it wouldn't suprise me. Wait a sec, just last night me and mum were talking about it. It was one of those reflective moments, but anyway she said that a good example was one time she told me and my little sister that if it was a good day she'd take us to the swimming pool in Kilbirne (I loved swimming back then. Makes you feel all 'floaty'). However, it was raining that day and she wasn't willing to stand out in the rain waiting for the bus. She told my sister and she was like "Oh, okay, I don't want to stand in the rain either.". However... I like the rain and so when she told me I completely snapped and went to my room yelling at things and punching my pillow (unsatisfying, yes, but at least it's impossible to break it that way).

Ooh, another example was when I was playing a game on the Playstation (Crash Bandicoot 1, to be prescice), and it was a particularly hard level (not suprising because it was one of the last ones), and I just kept dying in a spot over and over again. I got angry, but kept playing. Still I died, but I pressed on and tried again. Died a few more times, and now I was so angry tears were running down my face. I kept on trying. The thing that made me snap was when I lost all my character's lives and had to start over three levels from where I was at. And so BANG!! ! I threw the controller on the ground in rage, and I heard a snap. It wasn't the controller; it was my FIFA '98 CD. I went back to the puching the pillow method...

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

MissKathy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2006, 6:03 pm

Yes I throw head-banging fits (I try to do it in private).