Do people notice if you wear the same jeans every day?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 3:05 am

I usually notice that people wear different color shirts every day, but I can't see if they change pants/jeans/trousers. Clothing draws my attention only when a co-worker puts on some really neat dress. Then I try to comment on it kindly, but more often than not I come off as inappropriate/rude, so I'd better not comment at all...

When I'm meeting people or working I wear jeans, there are only two pairs of jeans I have been wearing for the last 2 years and that's just because I have a second jeans at my workplace to change to when I go to work by bicycle. Both of them are getting rather frazzled so I guess I have to prepare myself to set out for shopping soon...

At home I'm Ok wearing only underwear or sloppy shorts, that's why I like hot weather.

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2011, 3:30 am

It's funny that you should ask, OP, because I was actually faced with the pants/jeans dilemma earlier this very day. The jeans that I'm currently wearing are now 2 weeks unwashed, so I thought it a good idea to change to another pair.

But, I couldn't bring myself to change them!

As these jeans were procured from the kids' section at my local department store - in the girls section, no less - they are a much better fit for my feminine physique than my more male-oriented jeans, which are too baggy for my scrawny legs to look good in. The only drawback to wearing jeans designed for a female is the rather high crotch that conflicts with my male anatomy, so things can get a little squashy down there.

Still, they're more comfortable than my other jeans in other areas, so the little discomfort there is doesn't bother me much.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

03 Oct 2011, 3:32 am

I have three pairs of identical jeans. No one's commented on how I either wear the same jeans or appear to wear the same jeans every day.

Fragmented
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2011, 5:00 am

The real question is: Why are others spending their time pondering your pants? More than likely they have more important things to waste their time thinking about then your pants, but, but, there probably also are people who waste their time thinking about you wearing the same jeans.

All jeans tend to look the same, so they probably don't notice, or if they do, they're people you should probably avoid, since they apparently take the time to check your pants. >.>

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score: 37 of 200

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

I don't get it......I have learnt on WP that NTs aren't so honest and so won't comment on things like looking fat in clothes, wearing the same clothes each day, and other sorts of things like that. But apprently on this thread looks like we experience honest NTs who comment to us, yet when we comment on them, it's being inappropriate. :?

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2011, 1:39 pm

I wear the same jeans as long as i can without anyone noticing, people look at your shirt more often then at your jeans

Joe90 wrote:
I don't get it......I have learnt on WP that NTs aren't so honest and so won't comment on things like looking fat in clothes, wearing the same clothes each day, and other sorts of things like that. But apprently on this thread looks like we experience honest NTs who comment to us, yet when we comment on them, it's being inappropriate. :?

Most NT`s will take the opportunity to say something mean to others so they feel better (Except to their friends)

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

Fragmented wrote:
The real question is: Why are others spending their time pondering your pants?

:lmao:

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2011, 6:38 pm

I've been known to wear the same jeans everyday for weeks, but I hardly go out, so I don't think many people notice.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 8:26 pm

unless they were particularly distinctive i dont think i'd notice

i get confused in shops- there are so many different types of jeans nowadays and they all look virtually the same to me :?

AnonymousPasserBy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

I can't even see the difference between my own jeans, how could I ever spot someone elses :shrug:

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2011, 10:57 pm

Jeans are the only thing I where more then one day in a row. And I do notice if someone wheres the same cloths all the time. I used to go to school with someone that did that.