Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 2:54 am

I need your opinions! Yes, this is me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZccEmKeDHw[/youtube]

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

16 Feb 2011, 3:13 am

Oh, that's you? Your videos were really helpful when I was doing research to figure out if I really had AS. I think I spent a good 3-4 hours watching videos about AS on youtube from lots of people, but I remember yours. :) Also, I tend to echo the way you say "Asperger's" at random moments.

As for cats: I like having two cats, about the same age, raised from kittens together. I've found that some cats tend to want a lot more attention if they don't have a playmate, and it just seems that they do better if they have that company. Not that I do not want to give them attention, but my last lone kitten actually was super clingy and very demanding attention-wise - I don't think she'd been properly weaned from her mother, which is probably something people need to take care about (gift from my family, I didn't know how old she was).

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 3:20 am

Verdandi wrote:
Oh, that's you? Your videos were really helpful when I was doing research to figure out if I really had AS. I think I spent a good 3-4 hours watching videos about AS on youtube from lots of people, but I remember yours. :) Also, I tend to echo the way you say "Asperger's" at random moments.

As for cats: I like having two cats, about the same age, raised from kittens together. I've found that some cats tend to want a lot more attention if they don't have a playmate, and it just seems that they do better if they have that company. Not that I do not want to give them attention, but my last lone kitten actually was super clingy and very demanding attention-wise - I don't think she'd been properly weaned from her mother, which is probably something people need to take care about (gift from my family, I didn't know how old she was).

Thanks! Glad they come in useful! Feel free to comment your views there.. but all in all, thanks for watching! :D

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 3:22 am

I don't see how it's disgusting. I liked cats too for a bit (obsessing) and I had a Calico cat for 14 years. We had our neighbor's Calico cat when I was nine because they couldn't have pets in their apartment, they moved. Then she took off and was gone. Then we got a new Calico cat when I was ten and she lived until she was 13 and died. She died right before I turned 23.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 3:32 am

League_Girl wrote:
I don't see how it's disgusting. I liked cats too for a bit (obsessing) and I had a Calico cat for 14 years. We had our neighbor's Calico cat when I was nine because they couldn't have pets in their apartment, they moved. Then she took off and was gone. Then we got a new Calico cat when I was ten and she lived until she was 13 and died. She died right before I turned 23.

I just put that in there as a joke ;)
I'm sorry about your pet :(

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 3:45 am

I sort of dont have a particular preference, I like dogs, cats, sheep, goats, cows, insects, whatever I happen to meet.

Taking a break.

agent_cooper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2011, 3:52 am

I've always loved cats too (and all animals in general). Since I was born we had cats at home and some of my most emotional childhood memories involve them. All the pictures of me during a certain period of time in high school involved cats. I also had a tendency to bring wild cats back to the house and beg my mum for us to keep them. :lol: I did that with other animals too though, so it's not strictly a cat obsession for me.

I'm not sure what it is. I feel a sort of comfort and happiness from being around animals. They're soft, cute, cuddly, affectionate, playful and you don't need to follow any social rules to interact with them / be loved by them. I guess animals are a lot less complicated than humans and are a nice soothing distraction from this overwhelming society.

Btw, nice whiskers. :D Face paint, that's another thing I like. hehe

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 4:12 am

That was a great video. The reason that I like cats, is because of the way that they rub between my legs over again. I love it when they do that. :O)

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 4:14 am

I thought the disgusting part would be you eating cat food. It's probably better that you didn't. You could have at least given us one good "meow" though.

I think people like cats because its a simple yet rewarding relationship. You provide food and a warm lap and they provide affection and entertainment. You never have to worry about upsetting them by saying the wrong thing and they clean themselves so you dont have to.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 4:16 am

What a great video ! Mostly because I love cats, I have to admit it. Always had cats, I feel like I have been raised by them. They are really nice animals, I used to be obsessed with cats and had dozen of books about them, learned their body language (mostly the eye thing) and would pretend I was a cat. I do not think I could live without a cat, they help me a lot.

I like your face painting, it reminds me of The Cat Return. :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 4:17 am

sterfry wrote:
You could have at least given us one good "meow" though.

Darn it! I knew I forgot somethinG!

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

16 Feb 2011, 4:21 am

sterfry wrote:
I thought the disgusting part would be you eating cat food. It's probably better that you didn't. You could have at least given us one good "meow" though.

I think people like cats because its a simple yet rewarding relationship. You provide food and a warm lap and they provide affection and entertainment. You never have to worry about upsetting them by saying the wrong thing and they clean themselves so you dont have to.

I wish. One of my cats bathed in a mud puddle a couple of weeks ago, and the other one likes to get his fur matted.

And yet I still use a picture of them in this terrible state for my mobile wallpaper.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 5:00 am

Funny video! :D

CoalBogey
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 5:01 am

I have a cat, I didn't want him but I seem to be stuck with him. Apparently domestic cats kill 60 million songbirds each year in the UK. I hate cats.

Gingerbiscuit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Feb 2011, 5:19 am

I love the video - and you suit the make-up :D

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 6:37 am

sterfry wrote:
I thought the disgusting part would be you eating cat food.

Hey hey. I use to eat cat food. lol.

Until someone told me it was wrong.

And I'm being serious.