Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

layla87
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2011, 10:23 pm

All right you may be wondering what this question is about but after me graduating middle school and high school, there were sooooooo many NT girls ( naturally NT lol) that became pregnant its not funny. Many of these girls bullied me during school, but have gone on to start families without being married and such....
I don't judge, well at least I try not to, but I can't seem to help noticing that I have never seen nor met an aspies that has gotten pregnant or become a teen parent. BTW I'm sure there are other things that Ive never seen an aspie do that NT's do ie) drink and drive. (Im not saying they never have just I've never encountered it)

Having witnessed 2 of the teen moms I went to school with PURPOSELY get pregnant because their friends did, I wish I had turned to them at the time and questioned who was the real idiot. ME (they always called me stupid) or them for not being married (one is not sure who the baby daddy is)

abc123
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2011, 1:42 am

From reading sometimes aspies will get in trouble from misjudging a situation so it could be possible from that angle. I would never have dreamed of acting like that though and I think a lot of aspies don't want to do things that are wrong/bad.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 1:56 am

I do believe that I've met just one autistic teen mother.

Aaod
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2011, 2:16 am

I doubt most of us with Aspegers were having sex in high school. Plus I would hope most of us would look at things logically and think it is a bad idea.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 2:25 am

layla87 wrote:
who was the real idiot. ME (they always called me stupid) or them for not being married (one is not sure who the baby daddy is)

Why is it important to get married before having children? I'm not advocating teenage pregnancy, I just think that age is the issue here, not marriage.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 2:26 am

Aaod wrote:
I doubt most of us with Aspegers were having sex in high school. Plus I would hope most of us would look at things logically and think it is a bad idea.

When I was in high school, I remember someone saying that if I ever got pregnant at that age, it would probably be on the 6 o-clock news. I was the biggest goody-two-shoes and me getting pregnant would've been shocking.

My mom, however, was another story. She was as square as a Rubic's cube but got pregnant with me at age 15. She tried her best to discourage me from making the same mistake. But I don't think she had much to worry about since the thought of that much responsibility scared the mess out of me.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 5:24 am

I got pregnant at 16 and 18. After the one at 18 I got Norplant and by the time the 5 years were up I had quit having sex so I didn't have to have that happen again.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 3:34 pm

My mother was a teen mom. She had no aspirations other than to have a family as quick as possible. I wasn't even an accident either.

On a different note, i think that young autistic teenage girls are liable to be taken advantage of, so it is a possibility that there are alot of teenage autie moms out there strung along by a guy who ws usig her and then bam, acidentally pregnant and thguy aays bye, not my problem.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

I wanted a baby in my teens because I saw other girls in my school having babies but mom told me what would happen if I had a baby. She said she would not give me money for my baby, she will not help support it, I would have to get a job and quit school and I'd be on my own. Also she would not take me to Europe if I got pregnant so I didn't have a baby.

But yet lot of teens are not this smart I hear because they do it anyway no matter what you tell them during the talk. They are just not logical.