Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

I was giving a presentation and glider mentioned that he was coming, so we got to talk for a few minutes. I was going in a lot of directions and was kind of overstimulated so it was tough, but it was awesome to meet him! He's an awesome guy both on WP and in real life.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

That's cool that you got to meet somebody from online. Was it a bit awkward to talk to somebody you usually type to?

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:24 pm

No. It was just fine. The only part that can be hard for me is that I tend to have to ask people to repeat themselves a few times before I can catch what they've said, so I feel like people think that I'm not listening... I'm actually listening very hard and just... can't process. It would help if I explained that, but I was too overstimulated. I should've typed it, come to think of it. But, either way, I don't think he minded!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

Callista wrote:
That's cool that you got to meet somebody from online. Was it a bit awkward to talk to somebody you usually type to?

I've met bucephalus from here. He was a nice chap.

(waves to bucephalus)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 4:25 pm

I think that it's cool that you got to meet somebody from WP in real life. :)

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

I'm glad you've met.

Sometimes I wonder how it would come about if I could meet other forum members in real life. Unfortunately, it isn't a real threat. :(

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

That's nice! I wish I could meet some WP members.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 5:30 pm

What was he like, did he seem normal or come off as awkward to you? Could you tell he had it by his behavior or body gestures, etc?

I have met some WP members from here. Ones that come here and register I count them as meeting WP members even if they made very little posts and they registered after I saw them or before or came to the autism groups.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 6:35 pm

OJani wrote:
Sometimes I wonder how it would come about if I could meet other forum members in real life. Unfortunately, it isn't a real threat. :(

There aren't many Hungarian members from WP I'm afraid. There might be an odd few though. Unless you'd be prepared to meet people that are on holiday?

Oh and I met someone from here in Preston town centre that no longer posts here. Mustn't forget him.

Sparx wrote:
That's nice! I wish I could meet some WP members.

Telling us whereabouts in the world you live might be a decent start?

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 6:38 pm

I'm from Florida, USA.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 6:47 pm

I haven't met anyone from WP in real life, though it might be interesting to do so.

Quote:
I'm from Florida, USA.

I already know of a couple of members off the top of my head who live there.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 6:56 pm

League_Girl wrote:
What was he like, did he seem normal or come off as awkward to you? Could you tell he had it by his behavior or body gestures, etc?

I have met some WP members from here. Ones that come here and register I count them as meeting WP members even if they made very little posts and they registered after I saw them or before or came to the autism groups.

I honestly don't even remember much... I was overstimulated. I don't really pay much attention to that stuff anyway, I guess. He just seemed like a very nice guy. Since I know he has AS, I just accepted it. If someone had told me he was typical, I probably would've accepted that too.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

Sparx wrote:
I'm from Florida, USA.

Should be a piece of piss meeting someone from here then.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

Tequila wrote:
Sparx wrote:
I'm from Florida, USA.

Should be a piece of piss meeting someone from here then.

Yeah...

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

Thank you SuperTrouper for the nice comments, I appreciate that. I thought you did a great job for our autism group today. I often find it difficult to pay attention to a lot of speakers, but I can assure you, I listened to everything you had to say---I found you extremely interesting and very well prepared. You are a wonderful speaker---a lot of great information from your personal experience that I related to.

You are the second person I have met from WrongPlanet. I find it so interesting to meet someone from here in real life after having seen/talked with them in these forums beforehand. I thought you were very nice too---and I thought your mother was also very nice. Today was definitely a day I will remember. Your book looks great and I am anxious to read it.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 8:08 pm

Are there special offline autism groups or something?

Any of them in leafy Lancashite?