Do people ever say this to you when you....

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

... when you say you have Asperger's Syndrome (pronounced with a hard G): "Does that mean you like burgers? My schizophrenic cousin did that.

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2011, 11:41 am

Yeah, it sounds like "Ass burgers". If you like the show South Park, they actually did a very spoofy/gag episode called that. I was having a hard time with my own Aspergers at that day, with the anxiety, and having to deal with people I didn't know, and then that episode came on that night. To say the least, it made my day 100 times better to see that and to be able to laugh. Although, the episode is a gag one, and does not really explain Aspergers at all in the right way, unlike how they did the tourette's episode.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

No, but I wouldn't bother being offended by it. It's just a bad pun, and me and my entire father's side of the family are the KINGS of bad puns.

We see a lot of this: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2011, 12:13 pm

MrXxx wrote:
No, but I wouldn't bother being offended by it. It's just a bad pun, and me and my entire father's side of the family are the KINGS of bad puns.

We see a lot of this: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I love puns. Especially bad puns. I think this is why the pronunciation does make me giggle at times.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

MrXxx wrote:

No, I wasn't offended by it. I thought it was maybe a little funny.

NZaspiegirl016
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2011, 11:59 pm

No, I haven't had this, but that's probably because A) I haven't told anyone, and B) I say it with a soft G, as I think most of NZ do.