Diagnosing Aspergers by measuring eye eye-lid-brow movement.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

anderstheblog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2011, 8:10 am

I was wondering if it was sort of possible to diagnose an aspie ( maybe not someone with mild aspergers ), by looking at the characteristics of how their eyes (and eyelids and eyebrows) move in an uncoordinated and unfocussed look. Many people here have spoken about how aspies have a vacant stare; while that might be true, I would also say that many aspies I have seen not only when staring but also when they are moving, have a general sort of lazy unfocussed look. That might be one way to "spot" an aspie although it is just my opinion ( there may be many people who have a similar look who do not have any sort of autism). Have a look at this video to see what I mean. While most of the vid is total drivel and makes huge false assumptions ( and they seem more like lower functioning not as they say higher functioning - I would say they are something in between). Anyway, turn the volume off and have a look how their eyes have a sort of strange look not just when they are staring but in general when their eyes are open. i have seen this quality in many aspies: Look at youtube: "Asperger's couple - ABC News" I wonder what your thoughts are on this. And here is another example of what I mean on youtube: type "a ten year old with aspergers". - I can't post links yet so i hope this is okay.