Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 6:55 pm

I have three cats and I always need to smell at them. I already did it when I was a kid. I like the smell of the fur and I like the feeling when you put your nose into it. Then I can smell for example if someone touched them when they were outside or not, or the fresh air. They don't mind and I like it so much, it gives a nice feeling.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

Ahah, yes! I do. I always have. I like it when they've been inside all day and smell clean and familiar.

Last edited by Sparx on 02 Nov 2011, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

Errr.

No.

Don't care for the way it makes my eyes water, nose run, and face swell up.

I love my cats, and I'm not as allergic as my wife, so I can let them sit in my lap and pet them, but...

Shove my face into their fur?

Nope.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

safffron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

It is a nice feeling. I like to nuzzle the top of a cat's head. There's something comforting in the smell. It's wonderful when a cat rubs its face against yours.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 7:20 pm

What smell does fur inherently have?
All it is, is dense hair.

to his Interest."

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 7:24 pm

I could make so many jokes but I won't.

Last edited by ScientistOfSound on 02 Nov 2011, 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shilohmm
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2011, 7:27 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
What smell does fur inherently have?

Cat fur picks up scents, maybe because that helps them hide from their prey.

I love the scent of my cats but especially like when their fur has picked up the scent of woodsmoke. I don't usually bury my face in their fur, though, although I do sometimes -- mostly I just notice their scent when I pick them up.

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

Haha. I have one cat, who is short-haired, whose scent I love. My other cat is long-furred and very fluffy, so sticking my face in her fur is a lot more uncomfortable.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 8:21 pm

I love to smell my kitties! I also kiss them. This is kind of a problem because I'm allergic to them now, but I'll never stop doing it!

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

I like to snuggle my cat, and it can get quite close to my face, I don't smell it. My mother is allegeric to cats, and I think I might be mildly allegeric to them too as I find it harder to breath when there is too much cat dander in the air.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 8:30 pm

I sniff my bearded dragon all the time. Most people think lizards are stinky, but she actualy has a very nice smell. Her poo used to smell horrible, but after she started eating greens and vegetables and got some variety in her diet, it didn't smell so bad. It could also be because she usualy poos in the bath. But she herself dosen't smell bad. I've always heard snakes stink, but all the ones I've held didn't.

Frakkin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

Yes :D I smell my cat all the time. I love the smell of him, because I always associate it with him and he's such a sweet cat. Also, I can tell where he's been or what people have been cooking upstairs because his fur absorbs the scents in the air. I think he smells the nicest when he's been around clean laundry and he has a slight dryer sheet smell to him.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 10:03 pm

My long haired cat sleeps on my pillow at night, so I usually fall asleep with my head next to her.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 10:14 pm

I sniff my dog's paws, sometimes. They smell like popcorn. :D

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 10:24 pm

My cats smell like Purina One Hairball control formula around the ears.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 10:42 pm

I have a longhaired cat, and her fur is so soft. I love to bury my face in her fur and breathe. She likes it when I do that. Her fur has a sweet, musty smell to it that I can't get enough of. I think it's a combination of my mom burning scented candles all the time, plus the fact that her food is near the laundry, plus the fact that she spends time outside.