Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

I have no jobs scheduled today and I slept til I woke up naturally. I had a problem with my cell phone so I drove to the store about 5 miles away to see to the problem. The problem was simple to fix and the clerk was pleasant. Then I drove home. Now I'm struggling to think clearly and I know I will be worthless until I take about an hour nap. Do simple things exhaust you?

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

Aimless wrote:
I have no jobs scheduled today and I slept til I woke up naturally. I had a problem with my cell phone so I drove to the store about 5 miles away to see to the problem. The problem was simple to fix and the clerk was pleasant. Then I drove home. Now I'm struggling to think clearly and I know I will be worthless until I take about an hour nap. Do simple things exhaust you?

Something like that can, but, say if I'm busy with things, the inertia from this carries me over and I get motivated into doing other things........... On the other side of it though, the same phenomenon carries it to the other extreme.

In my case I think it is my quirky ADD functioning.

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Nov 2011, 1:47 am

yea, i hate driving for stupid sh*t like that

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 1:55 am

Yes. Going out in public exhausts me. It's because I exert a lot of mental/emotional energy by "putting up a wall" so that people in public can't tell what I'm really thinking/feeling. My older sister once commented that I'm "like a completely different person" when I'm out in public.

Once I get home, I need to recuperate by spending time on the computer or going out for a run.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 2:04 am

Maybe not quite that easily, but generally, yeah. When I have to drive in the city (San Francisco), as opposed to the small town I live in, it takes a lot out of me. I don't go there much anymore because I feel wiped out by the time I need to start driving back.

invisiblespectrum
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Nov 2011, 3:46 am

What does and does not exhaust me seems pretty random. Doesn't seem to have much to do with how much I sleep, either...

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 4:53 am

Yes. Going out "into the world" always makes me tired. I could explore all day in the woods and not be as tired as I'd be if I went out to the store. xD

alexi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2011, 5:21 am

It would throw me because doing a task like that would not be part of my routine. I usually find my days off from work the most difficult. I also agree with the comment about inertia. Doing just one simple task (like the washing or cooking dinner) in an otherwise empty day can leave me feeling drained from the incredible exertion that it takes me to get up and just do it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 5:53 am

People staring at me in the street exhausts me because of the overwhelming self-conscious thoughts that it causes.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2011, 6:40 am

Yes, it happens to me all the time.

Australien
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2011, 6:52 am

Sometimes. How dense was the traffic on the road? Was it somewhere you don't drive often? Were many people around?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 6:54 am

This is a daily problem for me but it happens less if I stay home. I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder (in remission) and add-primarily inattentive. A psychiatric NP I was working with said this was because it took my brain longer to process everything. I don't feel particularly stressed while I'm driving or working or going to the grocery store but as soon as I am out of the situation I start to feel very sleepy. I work from site to site and often when I am driving from one job to the next I have to fight an extreme sleepiness. I feel like I can't possibly begin the next job, but once I start I'm OK.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 8:38 am

I tend to feel tired quite quickly. However I never sleep during the day because then it would mess up my sleeping at night even more than usual.
Like you say Aimless it's not at the time but afterwards when it hits me. I find it very frustrating because I can't do all the things that I want to.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 9:16 am

Yes, definitely.

Love transcends all.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 10:40 am

I would have been worrying for a long time about what was wrong with my cell phone, so yes.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

Sitting and waiting for anything exhausts me. Must keep moving (aka stimming) to stay awake.

If I were in your situation, I would've tried to fix it myself (to stay engaged) or would've rode my bicycle (to stay engaged) and brought a book (to stay engaged.)