Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:30 pm

bumble wrote:
I am not officially diagnosed but I hate the sound of electronic equipment buzzing and peoples lips smacking together sounds when they kiss. I usually have a to mute a movie if two actors are making out far too noisily! Kiss quietly god dammit!

:lol:
The same here!

Jordan87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

I definitely suffer from this to an extent. For example, I can't put away silverware most of the time, because the sound of metal clanging against metal is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Also, I have a relative who is completely obnoxious and loud (Two of his more redeeming characteristics.). When he starts hooting like a fool in front of the TV, or starts spouting off bigoted nonsense in a loud tone of voice, others can just tune him out, but not me. It's especially annoying when I'm trying to sleep (Have bad insomnia, raccoon eyes and all, so it's difficult in and of itself.)

spaceappleseed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

I didn't know this had a name, but it is absolutely a problem for me! The triggers that most commonly annoy me are related to my husband's habits. He likes to play with his beard, making a terrible scritchy scratchy sound, and he also likes to make an insanely annoying noise with his mouth that sounds like he's chewing gum. It drives me crazy, and he knows it does, but he will not stop.

But the worst is my dog. She growls. And growls, growls, growls, growls! Sometimes it lasts all day long. It makes me feel like I am losing my mind. Unfortunately for her, this frequently causes me to reach level 10.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

I do have to admit that the sound of a couple kissing in a seat behind me during a long car ride one time made me feel physically ill. It was awful. I really felt sick. They were really slurpy about it.

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

MindWithoutWalls wrote:
I do have to admit that the sound of a couple kissing in a seat behind me during a long car ride one time made me feel physically ill. It was awful. I really felt sick. They were really slurpy about it.

I feel nausea just thinking about that! :eew: