Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

BaneMarko
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2012, 5:46 pm

Hello, this is my first post on here after lurking for some time.

I think I have aspergers. How do I go about getting diagnosed?

Things that make me think I have aspergers.
-I have been told I lack empathy
-As a child I developed motor skills late. I was in special ed classes to help me learn how to tie my shoes and
ride a bike. I also displayed trait of selective mutism.
-It feels like my senses have been turned up to 11. It can get a bit overwhelming at time. I clench my fists when it becomes overwhelming and everyone thinks Im getting angry.
-My voice tends to trail off and sound monotone and emotionless
-Its always felt like there has been an invisible wall between me and everyone I meet. I think the majority of the people put up with me but no one actually wants to be with me.
-I have never had a girlfriend ever. I cannot form bonds. Im attracted to women physically but cannot connect on an emotional level. Im not even terrible looking lol.
-I have been told I speak too properly, using big words, metaphors and analogies in day to day convos.
-Obsessive about odd things and easily gain a high level of understanding of those things.
-I have the worst meltdowns but I have learned to keep these in check over time.

I look forward to being a part of your community. I come here with hopes of not feeling so alone. The isolation I have been feeling lately is becoming unbearable. If you could provide me with info on how to get by, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Kenn_San
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2012, 6:44 pm

Hi Marko, welcome to the community.

If you feel that you wish to be diagnosed my advice (I'm afraid I do not know where you come from, but this advice comes from a Brit!) would be to go see your GP - they should be able to refer you in order to get diagnosed.

I hope this is of help to you! :)