Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 11:57 am

Are some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of 'reading.' I've actually stopped going to 2 of the other forums I frequent (I only go on 3) and coming here to read more theories and discussion

I know some people here find their lives difficult, others have found ways to cope. I, myself, am pretty happy alone. I do have times I'd love an aspie girl beside me but we can't all be winners, at least right now if you believe its evolution (which I kind of suspected it was, myself, before ever coming here and finding others thinking the same). I find comfort in the universe, literally, and that reassures me I'm not alone.

Anyways, I thought I throw a positive comment everyone's way!

:wink:

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 12:00 pm

Thank you, Corvus.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 12:13 pm

Positive comments are good. Also, they allow you to increase your number of posts.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 12:19 pm

Thank you, however as just a simulation of an actual person, it rings a little hollow. You can give props to the programmer who created me.

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Oct 2006, 12:20 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Positive comments are good. Also, they allow you to increase your number of posts.

So do posts like that one, and this one :P

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

19 Oct 2006, 12:22 pm

SilentBedlam wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

Yeah people who post short messages to boost their post count make me sick.

:D

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 12:23 pm

Naw, I'm not so much of a 'post whore..' :wink: Only when a good debate is out there or someone asking advice that I may have a solution/suggestion to..

I figure with a ton of posts with people feeling down and depressed, one post throwing a bit of praise would help..

To quote a simpsons episode, since I love quoting stuff because its already thought of for me, meaning I dont need to stutter over the words:
Kent Brockman "Little girl (boy in my case) LIKES her brain . . . What do you think?"

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Oct 2006, 12:27 pm

I'd say it's pretty cool. I like my brain. I abuse "him" and he abuses me, but really we get along fine. Though he wins the arguments more often than not...

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 12:50 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
SilentBedlam wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

Yeah people who post short messages to boost their post count make me sick.

:D

Why would I need to do that? I've already reached 1337.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 1:20 pm

I like reading and posting here because people don't have to agree to get along. The upfront attitude is the norm rather than being the funny uncle in the corner of the room. I frequent another forum and the obsession over emoting and sympathizing there is nervewracking.
You can't have a normal flow of conversation because you are trying to fit in and not sound too smart or too dumb. Logic is an enemy there, an illicit drug.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 1:34 pm

I find most of the stories here at WP interesting to read too , although sometimes I can't tell who is a bot and who isn't. :P

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 1:44 pm

I AM A BOT. (Thought we already covered this.)

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 1:55 pm

We're all bots here your the only human :)

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 2:31 pm

KimJ wrote:
I like reading and posting here because people don't have to agree to get along. The upfront attitude is the norm rather than being the funny uncle in the corner of the room. I frequent another forum and the obsession over emoting and sympathizing there is nervewracking.
You can't have a normal flow of conversation because you are trying to fit in and not sound too smart or too dumb. Logic is an enemy there, an illicit drug.

I go on one forum where they do that frequently - like when they think people have insulted them simply because they disagree and then keep going on about being friends and stuff. Yesterday the moderator chided someone for embarrassing another member and between the two I can't figure out who did what (lol).

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 3:06 pm

Fraya, 'fraid not. I'm a bot, you're a bot. All the rest are humans except One-Winged-Angel who is a virus.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 4:38 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Fraya, 'fraid not. I'm a bot, you're a bot. All the rest are humans except One-Winged-Angel who is a virus.

Oh really? *quirks eyebrow* And who are you to say that all of us are necessarily humans?