Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jan 2012, 8:27 am

Verdandi wrote:
I take 50,000 IU of vitamin D every week. Doesn't seem to make me less autistic.

Why do you take that much? are you just trying to make a troll point or something?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

27 Jan 2012, 8:35 am

kaiouti wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
I take 50,000 IU of vitamin D every week. Doesn't seem to make me less autistic.

Why do you take that much? are you just trying to make a troll point or something?

No. I take that much because it's prescribed by my doctor due to me having had a severe deficiency. It's not severe now, but it's still low.

Why the accusation? I've never trolled anyone before, why do it over something like this?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm

Wow, this thread feels similar to my situation. My new doctor freaked out when he saw my vitamin D levels, "never seen such low vitamin D levels in one of my patients in my entire life! this is alarming!".

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 3:29 pm

I'm bringing this back up because my doc recently discovered I was deficient in vit D, and prescribed me 5000 iu per day. I also have a vit K complex coming as well, which is supposed to aid in absorption of vit D.

I do always get seasonal depression, and it seems to get worse every year, as I'm probably less active and go outside less. The weather here really doesn't help matters. It's usually dark, gloomy, rainy, snowing, etc...

I probably need one of those special lights to use too.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm

olympiadis wrote:
I'm bringing this back up because my doc recently discovered I was deficient in vit D, and prescribed me 5000 iu per day. I also have a vit K complex coming as well, which is supposed to aid in absorption of vit D.

I do always get seasonal depression, and it seems to get worse every year, as I'm probably less active and go outside less. The weather here really doesn't help matters. It's usually dark, gloomy, rainy, snowing, etc...

Several years ago, I tested with very low Vit-D, so my physicians presccribed the old one-time 50,000-IU doses only to test again very low two months later. I then read that slow doses of 35,000-IU weekly is a lot better for absorption. Told my physician about the study and, after she confirmed the study's findings, matched the recommended dosing. I have stayed at daily doses of 5,000-IU since then.

I don't know if low-D is connected with ASDs, but it certainly helps overall.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Jezebel
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2015, 5:20 pm

olympiadis wrote:

I was diagnosed as having a severe deficiency (my level was 7.9) back in October. I started out taking 50,000 UI a week for 3 months and now I'm taking 2,000-3,000 UI a day.

Vitamin D is supposed to have a connection with depression, so hopefully your supplements will help that. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jan 2015, 11:23 pm

My mood tends to be worse when I'm outside alot & I tend to feel better mentally in winter. Vitamin D doesn't seem to have any affect on me in vitamins or supplements thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 5:12 am

Doubt it.

Why would you want to be anything but what you are anyway? Be yourself. Be Aspie. Be proud.

I'm a smart Aspie. For example, when I was a kid, I knew stimming was weird so I'd hide it but now I'm older and I don't care near as much about what people think of me, I just act normally (for me) and if people don't like it, tuff titties! I'm sick of hiding the true me!

I rock at my desk at work. I talk to myself. I've got pictures of my Special Interest (Myna birds) stuck all over my work desk. I don't care. I'm sick of hiding myself away. And I'm lucky I work in a very good, accepting environment. People there know I have Asperger's and it's all okay. :)

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:28 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
Why would you want to be anything but what you are anyway? Be yourself.

Because of the psychotic depression and wild swings of anxiety.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 5:41 am

olympiadis wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:
Why would you want to be anything but what you are anyway? Be yourself.

Because of the psychotic depression and wild swings of anxiety.

I've suffered from depression and anxiety all of my adult life.

Ive also got Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. REAL BAD!

I don't use anything as an excuse and my life is s**t!

The best I have to hope for is to be alone!

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:

Me too, but some things have happened in the past two years that have made them much worse.
Also the doc said that low vitamin D causes blood cholesterol to be higher, and there's a possibility that it may also contribute to other illnesses like arthritis.
I certainly wasn't opposed to taking some vitamins, and I have hopes that they may improve several areas of life/health.

ralphd
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2015, 4:15 pm

olympiadis wrote:

Magnesium is also important too.
http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot. ... brain.html

ralphd
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

Vitamin D deficiency can cause sleep problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7cbBB1c0IM

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 5:30 am

olympiadis wrote:
ImAnAspie wrote:

Me too, but some things have happened in the past two years that have made them much worse.
Also the doc said that low vitamin D causes blood cholesterol to be higher, and there's a possibility that it may also contribute to other illnesses like arthritis.
I certainly wasn't opposed to taking some vitamins, and I have hopes that they may improve several areas of life/health.

Good idea. I could use that too. I go days without eating. Usually,I won't eat for5 days. I just never feel hungry.